Academy new rules on Gun n Ammo purchases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-11...n-brass-jacketed-hollow-point-ammunition.aspx Just found this ammo on this site. It is pretty dang cheap so I thought I would post a link and give a heads up. Unfortunately I don't have the money right now to spare. I can't wait to get my income tax!! I am sick of finding deals and not having the cash to spare. Also, does anyone know anything about Halo point ammo? I saw this stuff on dual survivor the other day. The spec ops guy Joe Teti was practicing with it in his yard. It got me interested in it because I ain't ever seen it. If you guys know anything about it let me know. It is on a couple of sites and it is pretty expensive. But it is only 50 grains for 9mm and says it has a velocity of over 2,000! Let me know.

t_towner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if this is old news...but today at Academy the guy confirmed that the distribution center had 40k PMags on order. Not sure how many stores the distribution center services but it was hopeful things will begin to get back to normal. I assume they are pretty high on the distribution list. He also said they just received a shipment of AR's and were sold out an hour.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see what is such a big deal about pmags?? I have several of the regular stock mags that come with an AR and they work great. Is it because of the way the pmags look or do they somehow function better than an already good functioning magazine? Just don't really understand why so many people are going nuts for them. Why not buy the tapco model? It looks almost identical from a pmag. Even thought those are sold out most places to. But I am sure that since it is magpul that it is made very well. I have some magpul parts and I am very pleased.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see what is such a big deal about pmags?? I have several of the regular stock mags that come with an AR and they work great. Is it because of the way the pmags look or do they somehow function better than an already good functioning magazine? Just don't really understand why so many people are going nuts for them. Why not buy the tapco model? It looks almost identical from a pmag. Even thought those are sold out most places to. But I am sure that since it is magpul that it is made very well. I have some magpul parts and I am very pleased.

PMAGs are popular because they are proven performers. Their ease of use and loading, their (previously) inexpensive price point, their extreme ruggedness and durability, and yes, a certain amount of brand recognition and aesthetics factor in to their demand.

As for myself, that is all I've ever used, and that is 1000% based on reputation here and elsewhere. I saw and see no reason to spend money on anything with a lower success rate and proven track record. They perform and last better than USGI issue, from all I've seen. And I've gotten a shiteload of them at $10 each. Can't beat it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom