Allergies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have horrible allergies to red cedar pollen, cotton wood, mold and some other weeds. My only reprive is winter time and a dry summer.
What do you use to help? I've been using Flonaze and Allegra but it seems like those aren't working like they used too.
Any recommendations?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zyrtec works wonders for me. Every time I was stationed in the south, the pine pollen used to knock me out for a week. Nose would run like water faucet and get raw from rubbing, like REALLY RAW. Also Pataday eye dtops. With those two every day, I rarely have problems.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) Mucinex and Claritin (generics are ok);
2) Neilmed saline rinse morning and evening (more times if needed);
3) Flonase daily (if needed, generic is ok);
4) Breathe-Right nasal strips at night and when needed during the day;
5) If a sinus infection develops, I call my PCP and ask for antibiotics and a hip shot.

I saw an allergist for 17 years until he died on us.

I was tested years later by one of Tulsa's top allergist and was diagnosed with seasonal allergies because they couldn't find anything I'm allergic to.

I still deal with it daily, but the 5-step program listed above makes it manageable.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zyrtec works wonders for me. Every time I was stationed in the south, the pine pollen used to knock me out for a week. Nose would run like water faucet and get raw from rubbing, like REALLY RAW. Also Pataday eye dtops. With those two every day, I rarely have problems.
Thanks, ill try that. Does the zyrtex cause drowsiness?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Nettie pot to wash out sinuses, helps me.

I take Mucinex or Alka-Seltzer Allergy.
Mine are normally Spring, when cedar and elm bloom. Last 2-3 weeks and done. I mostly just muddle through.

TwoShoots

Marksman
Reaction score
I just use behind-the-counter Sudafed 12 hour. Have to ask the pharmacist for it and show your driver's license. Dries me right up. I take one every 5-6 hours though, not 12. Nothing lasts 12 hours.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medium Onion.
Chopped up and put in a bowl with Italian dressing.
Blueberries by the handfulls and Kiwi every day. 1/2 a banana in the morning and the other 1/2 in the evening and avoid cigarette smoke or other smoke.

All that other stuff clogs me up or makes me feel blah.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same deal here this year- that cedar had me running like a faucet and my eyes water so much I have to wash my face about every hour to keep the salt from chapping around the nose and eye area. Claritin or Zyrtec seem like best allergy tabs for me, and Zink is one thing that I think helps with the cold part, so I take it all winter, but I found nothing to help with the running nose and eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom