Amazon Prime...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Netflix and Amazon. I like the Netflix apps more, and it's library seems larger, but there is a lot of overlap and each does have some exclusive content. If I had to choose just one, I'd go with Amazon because of the shipping while my family would insist on Netflix because of Orange is the New Black and a few other shows.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't watched house of cards but am going on round 2 of Breaking Bad. Its that good!

haven't watched house of cards, breaking bad will cause hardcore binge watching LOL Tried orange is the new black, its ok, but the last one I watched with the bull and screwdriver hand just kind of skeezed me out. So I switched to american horror story LOL

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless things have changed a lot in the last year, only a few "Prime" movies are captioned. For me, life is a near deaf experience. We cancelled it when we found that, literally, 25 of their movies had captions available.

I posted my displeasure on this forum, and was dogpiled by a bunch of folks who said "if it makes it a little cheaper, screw all you deaf old bastards." Knowing that time is the surest poison, I just shut up, secure in the knowledge that their day will come if they are lucky enough to get old.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember that, and I certainly wouldn't have been the one to jump on that thread. I am sorry you had that experience with it, though. My experience certainly hasn't been perfect, by any means, but I've done ok with it. It's not the be-all and end-all of non-cable TV, but it's simple and I like the interface, so I'm fairly pleased with it... plus, rooting and sideloading the Firebox with XBMC and more recently SPMC has added a world of functionality for me.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are plenty of places yuo can watch live sports. shoot me a pm and ill shoot you back a couple links. i am pretty sure the ps3 browser would play it. i havent hooked my ps3 up for about a year and a half. might have to hook it up again and see if it will play video on the browser

Hmmmm, I've got an extra PS3 since I bought my PS4. Sounds like everyone is saying AP is ok, but not great. That's not bad news as the shipping is where the real savings lie.

Only thing I'm missing will be the live sports. I end up yelling at the TV more often than not anyways, maybe that will help keep the peace this year. we'll see.

I've heard of the Fire TV, but have not looked into the reviews. We'll see how moving the PS3 into the lvg room shakes out first.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201480600

there are over 37000 titles that have subtitles and closed caption available for instant video. of those that are available with prime is over 12000 video's. they are getting better. ripping and including cc isnt exactly an easy thing to do and it does take time.

Unless things have changed a lot in the last year, only a few "Prime" movies are captioned. For me, life is a near deaf experience. We cancelled it when we found that, literally, 25 of their movies had captions available.

I posted my displeasure on this forum, and was dogpiled by a bunch of folks who said "if it makes it a little cheaper, screw all you deaf old bastards." Knowing that time is the surest poison, I just shut up, secure in the knowledge that their day will come if they are lucky enough to get old.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I hate to rain on your parade, but not everyone who happens to be old goes deaf and not everyone who lives to be old is lucky.

What a d*ck.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom