?AMTECH? .38 special

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a box of these for Christmas and I was wanting to know more about them. I think this is the correct spelling of the manufacturer. These cartridges have an aluminum head, composite plastic case, and looks like a lead bullet. If my memory serves me(usually it does not) .158 grain bullet.
Thanks in advance if anyone knows about these. My dad gave them to me. Said he got them at gun show years ago and doesn't remember much about them.
Will the case melt when I fire? Are these reloadable? Will these expand and get stuck in the cylinder?

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lockout, It may be some of this stuff on E-Bay. Seller says it is a collectable
I don't collect stuff but here is what I found "Seller's Description:
One Box of 50 Cartridges(Some scuffing and minor dings on the box, cartridges are excellent. Amtech International, Inc. of Cour D'Alene, Idaho only made this odd cartridge for one year, app. mid 1992-1993. The black composite case body is embedded in the aluminum base or head. The head stamp is different from other Amtech 38 specials as it only reads "38 SP" not "38 SPL" as others do. This is very scarce, if not a rare box, to find" Do a Gooogle searchon Amtech to see some of the stuff. latter rdd

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The head looks alum. or similar silver color. The actual case part is white. Has a lead bullet that looks like a copperjacketed bullet without the copper(almost looks like a crayon end)
Should I shoot and with what possible implications as to damage, or shouold I collect these?
I checked out the link and these are the same except the white case and the bullet nose.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Take 'em to Tulsa- http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/ and walk around until you find someone specializing in old ammo. You should be able to trade for modern ammo. Added benefit, a trip to the big gun show.

Research them on the net to keep from being taken advantage of.

They would probably shoot just fine, but why take a chance for such a small gain. CB

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. guys. This is the Amtech but a different bullet and white case not black.
I just need to see if it is a good invetment or to trade for some fun ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom