Antler Traps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to give this a go next weekend. I would love to find the shed of that monster I caught on the cam last fall. Obviously there is a chance he's been harvested but it would be nice to get a few for the collection.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to give this a go next weekend. I would love to find the shed of that monster I caught on the cam last fall. Obviously there is a chance he's been harvested but it would be nice to get a few for the collection.
What time during the fall did you last get a pic of him?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found these this weekend, all from this year. A couple are still pink around the edges. The one in the rear was a toad, he had great mass, will be a shooter in a couple of years for sure.

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_9_13.JPG

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a girl here in Vinita that has a dog she and her dad trained to sniff out and find sheds. If any of you are interested in her bringing her dog to help find sheds, let me know and I'll get her phone number for you. She does charge for this service and you'll have to talk to her about that. I just told her I'd mention it to you guys....

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but I bet they're shining like a diamond in a goat's ass after you burnt your place! Did you make a lap through there after you burnt? These came from the same 10-15 acre patch that I have found all the other recent finds off of. Never seen anything like it. I made one little antler trap between three trees and after I got done I felt a little guilty about it, but I left it up and baited it. Had a bunch of corn left over so I just sprinkled it at the edge and under a bunch of briar thickets. Figured a bunch of briars was as good or better than wire or bungee for hanging antlers on, and it makes my conscience feel better. We'll see how that goes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, but I bet they're shining like a diamond in a goat's ass after you burnt your place! .

We have a guy that comes to the plant to do maintenance and inspections on our elevators that run up the 500' stacks. He is a rabid shed hunter.
He comes out of Kansas, and like you said, his favorite spots are those that have been burnt. He said he can spot them from the road, a long ways off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom