Antler Traps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Diamond in a goats ass? Hmm, never heard that one. No, I left and never did a thorough walk about. I burned 3/4 quarters of the entire East side of the creek. My next burn will be most of the West side of the creek and the South facing slope of the main pasture. I will be done for awhile then.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get the feeling a couple of extras were thrown in here for some reason, or it is a really effective device.
forums.bowsite.com_tf_pics_00small59715563.JPG

The first one looks like it could have been made with the plastic material and not metal. I under stand the concept with the first two, but that one looks like he's supposed to stick hist head in the triangle to feed from, right?

Devilsbcoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found one that wasn't ready to drop his antlers yet. I am going to be sore for a few days but I will be ok. I will wait a couple weeks and give it another try.

I was in my stand when this dandy 9 point came along. I readied my rope and gave it a toss down and landed it on the bucks head gear. Oh my!!! The fight was on. As I was hanging from my safety harnessI knew he wasn't ready to drop his antlers. As I was hanging in my safety harness I fought to tie the rope to tree. I then struggled to climb back into the stand so I could climb down. Once on the ground, I knew I was going to have my work cut out for me. As I approached the buck he stood up kicking at me with his front legs. The rope worked to his advantage as he pulled it tight and it provided balance. I finally wrestled him to the ground amid all the kicks. I cut the rope loose and sent him on his way.

I think it will be a couple more weeks before the bucks start dropping antlers. I will give it another go.

I had the same thing happen to me once, with a little bit different result when I tried to cut him loose. Did you know that deer bite?

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built one yesterday. Not sure how well it will work. I also spread some rice bran under the coral rails and under some cattle feeders. We'll see how well it works soon. In other news the latest trail cam pics going back to early Jan were absent of the one eyes monster buck.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_02_18_u5asy3a7.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built one yesterday. Not sure how well it will work. I also spread some rice bran under the coral rails and under some cattle feeders. We'll see how well it works soon. In other news the latest trail cam pics going back to early Jan were absent of the one eyes monster buck.
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_02_18_u5asy3a7.jpg

Let us know how it works! Put a trail cam on it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom