Any experience with the 370z?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats Doc on the new ride, sounds kuhL.
Now I dont want to disparage you , I kinda like your posts and you seem like a nice enough guy, But with your luck lately....and the deer...Be Careful.... ;) ...Have Fun

Hahaha! No kidding!

Besides... my luck with women is WAY worse... the Tahoe is gonna run around 3k to repair, and only about 500 outta pocket. WAY less than a woman in the longrun!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good point... and truthfully... if I could find one for sale, I might! ;) But I ain't lookin for that at the moment. ;)

<edit> Ok... Just searched and found a BUNCH. Wow. Ok, no, I'm not buying a GT-R right now. She'd end up getting it in the divorce! lol

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am getting this one. Going to pick it up on Saturday.

It is a 2009 370z Coupe w/Sport package -

26k miles with extended 100k mile warranty valid until 7/13/2015
7AT tranny *(w/paddle shifters)
19" RAYS forged wheels
Big brake package with Akebono calipers and oversized rotors
Stillen 25 row oil cooler
K&N air filters
Black HPS silicon intake tubes
Stillen high flow cats
Stillen catback exhaust
Motordyne XYZ pipe with resonator(replaced the Stillen Y and mid pipes for better sound)
UpRev tuner version software/cable
Swift Spec-R springs(1-1.5" drop)
Whiteline adjustable front & rear sway bars
Smoked taillights (actual paint)
**The wheels are not permanently black. They are coated with a durable plastic that can be peeled off in minutes and will not harm the stock silver powder coat**

Was asking $24k without the mods, $26k with them. We've settled on $25k with the mods AND he's going to throw in some AR parts he happened to have he doesn't need. ;) 14.5" Daniel Defense barrel and 10 NIW 30-round PMAGs, lol.

Win/Win! Sweet ride AND some free AR stuff! Who can complain about that?!?!?!?

So I don't really know what all that stuff in the mod list means... I obviously have a LONG ways to go and a LOT of reading to do! But I am up for it! Feel free to comment on any of those mods... I am assuming the 25-row oil cooler is to address the issues several people above mentioned. He said it was a must-have for this car.

That sounds like a real nice car. I've driven a few over the years. But I'm more of a torquey v8 guy. At that amound I'd be looking real hard at a newish 5-oh. And for the camaro fans, I really wanted to like the new ones. But the low roof line, 20' long doors and terible visibility killed it for me. I had to defect to the blue oval.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mustangs were not even on my list. I drove my g/f's (ok ex-g/f's) a few times and really didn't care for it. They feel like a teenie-bopper car, not well put-together at all. Not SOLID. The only 'Stang I'd probably consider in this newest generation is a GT500 or a Shelby. Other than that, you can keep 'em.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought the wife a 2009 Infinity G37 convertible a little while back (basically the same as the 370Z, with a back seat) and we love it. Probably one of my favorite cars we have owned over the years.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mustangs were not even on my list. I drove my g/f's (ok ex-g/f's) a few times and really didn't care for it. They feel like a teenie-bopper car, not well put-together at all. Not SOLID. The only 'Stang I'd probably consider in this newest generation is a GT500 or a Shelby. Other than that, you can keep 'em.

Thats reasonable enough. I don't own one. I just had the opposite impression when i drove a new 2012 gt. It felt well put together. But i agree the z's do feel solid. I guess I'll just have to live with my rattle-trap, fat pig of a gt500. ;-)

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always been a V8 guy when it comes to my toys- I'm mostly a Corvette, Camaro and Firebird/TA nut with a few Mustangs and one Cobra thrown in for the hell of it- but I also have had my share of 6cylinder foreign performance cars. Back in the day my first was a 280ZX, then later an 87 Supra, next was a 300Z, then a 98 TT Supra I drove almost 10 years. Have looked at a few 370s but for some reason myself I really like the 350Z's better. I was looking for a 350 last summer when I ran into a black on black Infinity G35, fell in love with it, bought it, and had a blast with it. Over the winter I sold a Mustang GT, a Cobra, a 94 Camaro SS and a 97 30th Anniversary V-6, and the G35. Now Im looking for something new to play with myself. The wife blows her money on vacations and clothes, I buy cars and guitars.

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me throw one more into the mix..the Lexus IS350. Sweet little car that is very quick. I've had several newer V8 GTOs modded out and I'll have to say it is fun to drive this little Lexus. Over 300hp, close to 30mpg on the hwy and many are getting a time of 4.9sec. 0-60 out of it stock. That's moving it for a little v6.

Good luck on what ever you get...sounds fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom