Any interest in attending a bug out weekend trip??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in tagging along as well. I will have to ask the fiancé if she wants to come too. It's been too long since I've camped out and tried primitive fire making and the likes.

Hopefully school won't have much going on that week.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doc, the plan is still in the formation phase. I'm Definately up for suggestions. Basically, we are going to work on fundamentals such as fire making, water purification, land navigation, etc. I plan on having a loose itenarary that can be tweaked as needed.

I'm not sure of Any no gos other than those covered in this thread such as: no rv's, no illicit drugs, leave the propane grills at home, we can cook on an open fire. I'm going to make shelters in tha woods for me and mine. Tents are ok, tho. Remember the idea is to use items that you normally wouldn't have to rely on, but may have to in a bug out situation. We will have an area to park vehicles in, but it will not be in the immediate sheler area. That doesn't mean at you cannot go back to your vehicles... If ya gotta go, ya gotta go. I plan on living out of my backpack, but that may not suit everyone.

I really want this to be more than just a camping trip, though. I want ideas and persons willing to offer their ideas and expertise available to the rest of them.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds fun I think it would give me a chance to test my 72hr Get Home Bag in a real life environment. Count me in just give me a 1 month notice so I can be sure to take off work. Are we allowed to bring our arsenal of weapons for plinking or just bring what we would rough it with?

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think having someone their to teach a CPR class or other vital medical class would be great idea if possible. Also having a firearm instructor or two there teaching some self defense or shooting tactics would also be a plus. I think posting a loose based agenda for the weekend would give everyone idea of what to expect. We could also add new ideas to that loose based agenda and / or delete.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll take this as a yes.

I know sometimes it's no fun being the only girl in a group of guys.

I'm looking forward to learning alot of helpful/useful tools,tips, and tricks.

Oh, no ... You misunderstood ... I've never had a problem being the only girl in a group of guys ... Especially THESE guys ... ;) ... It's just the more, the merrier with me ... Besides I know a lot of the guys would have more fun if their SO, wife, g/f, whatever came along with them ... Lots of women are like "Oh, no ... I don't wanna be the only girl" so I'm always the first one in the pool, so to speak, when the guys are planning something ...

I'm really, really, really looking forward to this. I've not been able to go camping for a few years now and so am ready to get out!! That and these guys are gonna teach me how to use a compass ... FINALLY!! Whoot!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave, I know it's still early in the planning but are you gonna need someone to come out ahead of time and help you scout a place or do you already have a spot in mind?? I don't mind coming out (I'll try to drag GC along but Session will be going full blast in Feb and Mar so it'll be kinda hit and miss with him) if we need to hike in and find/clear/set up a spot.

Just don't get out of eyeshot ... I don't know how to use a compass!! LOL ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom