Any of you been taking acetaminophin long term?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What never ceases to amaze me is the steady stream of fools that knock back 5-10gm of Acetaminophen in combination with Hydrocodone (think 10-20 Lortab, of whatever strength they can steal, scam or buy) for weeks to months, and end up with normal liver function. Go figure.
Same with the poopy pants drunks- live with a blood alcohol level 2-4 times DUI for years and no cirrhosis, when others bleed out or turn to pumpkins within 5 years.

My dad died of lung cancer from smoking, my mom never quit and now she is dead from lung cancer. My sister is still a chain smoker, and hacking.

I'm an ex smoker and hell on those that do in my family.

Why do people not see the chain of death coming for them?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My doctor recommended acetaminophen over ibuprofen because there's apparently some new research showing that ibuprofen is not good for your heart. Sucks, that, since Advil is one of the few OTC medications I've taken that actually works well, but since we're working on my blood pressure, I figure I ought to listen to him...

I quit putting salt on anything several months ago (back in the summer), not for any reason other than I just decided to see if it really made a difference. The last 4 months in a row that I have been to the doctor and they have taken my blood pressure it has been at the low end of normal ... like last time it was 112/87 ... An added benefit is I can actually taste something besides salt when I eat now ... :wink2: ETA: I guess I should add that before that I was at the high end of normal and had actually been on blood pressure meds for a while before we got my neck pain and headaches under control because it was consistently up where it didn't belong ... Even after we got the neck thing pretty much under control I still had what the doc said was "high nornal" pressure and she had been nagging at me to get it down ...

Why do people not see the chain of death coming for them?

It's coming for all of us ... Just a matter of time ... What other folks do to that either hastens or postpones that encounter, really, is less important that the time we spend with them. Seriously. GC has several health issues. I can spend all my time nagging at him about how he doesn't take care of himself like I think he should or I can spend my time enjoying life with him. I tried the former first because I want him here for a long, long time. We were both miserable. I'm pretty sure it didn't help his blood pressure any ... Now I do the second. We are both much happier ... And I'll be damned, he actually takes better care of himself now. Probably because he's happier ... ;)

Some of us do... and welcome it.

Some days more than others, huh ?? :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom