Anyone buy a Sportsman's Guide Membership?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has had a membership since it was GEO's. I order all my stuff thru his account and pay half his membership now. Often they will have double members discount off. Also the magazines make GREAT bathroom materials

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've loaded up on ammo with it over the last several years; unfortunately, they've killed their price match on ammo, as I was tearing them up on cheap ammo and free shipping. Still not a bad deal, though.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a member for several years. They jacked up their membership price this year, so I'm not sure if I will renew. Probably should. I know I've gotten my money back and then some every year.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a member off and on for several years - the products are good and reasonably priced - their house brand is "guide gear" - its priced below other brands and excellent quality.

the founder was Gary Olen - he sold out a few years back and some of the really good prices went away....you'll get emails fairly often with free shipping and catalogs in the mail - I wait for the sales and the free shipping then pay the membership and have it for a year - not a great deal but not bad either -

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been a member for several years and as long as you think you'll be buying at least a few hundred dollars worth of gear/ammo/guns in a year then you will make back what you pay. If you aren't sure or just a one-off buyer then it isn't worth it. IMO

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a member for awhile but when they increased the price I didn't renew. I guess it's not bad if you buy a lot of stuff from them. But I get their emails and just wait until they have real deal and
free shipping.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been a member for years.

Only issue I've had is when they say I'm ordering too much ammo for an individual and I must be reselling it.

Found out if I order online and don't go over 9 items, it goes thru fine.
10 or more items gets human review and evaluation.

Love the free shipping when ordering a case or two or three of ammo.

Also, if you have their Visa card, you get an additional 2.5% off the prices AND $10/grand to spend on their site.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom