Anyone else get a flu shot this year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No flu shot for me this year. Since the H1N1 vaccine is automatically included in the standard flu shot mix this year, I automatically decline. It's a shame they don't seem to want anyone to know what is actually in the flu shot vaccine this year..... I've already alerted my extended family as to the contents and haven't heard of anyone willing to take the shot this year. Good for them.
:sunbath:

Well I don't know who "they" are but the news said a few months before flu season that they were going to be combined this year. Also the paper I had to look over before my shot said it was a combination as well as all the Walgreen's putting on their billboard "COMBO FLU/H1N1 SHOTS AVAILABLE HERE"

Looks like "they" didn't hide the secret very well.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the normal flu shot last year and most years previous. I had serious concerns about the H1N1 vaccine last year and chose not to take the vaccine for it. This year, they don't give you a choice and don't advertise the fact that the H1N1 is part of the "normal" flu shot.

I researched enough info last year that I was not comfortable taking the H1N1 vaccine shot. My understanding is that they are using the same vaccine (for H1N1 this year). So, I choose not to get a flu shot this year and have warned extended family against it as well.

I suggest everyone do their own research about the safety of the H1N1 vaccine and make an educated choice for their family (extended or not).

Considering I did bench research on the H1N1 vaccine including running the ELISAs and doing western blots to analyze the proteins and all that were identified as the epitopes that go into the shot, I've done my research. Its safe. Period. If you think they used the same methods as in the 1976 flu h1n1 strain to develop the shot, you are far off. The etiology of this h1n1 strain is closer related to the early 1900 strain versus the 1976 strain. I'd suggest you quit spewing the bs and show me primary literature from Pubmed that back your thoughts.

Its evidence-less critics that bring about vaccine deficits (such as the great autistic bs of the 90's) that lead children dieing and re-emerging disease.

ocphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering I did bench research on the H1N1 vaccine including running the ELISAs and doing western blots to analyze the proteins and all that were identified as the epitopes that go into the shot, I've done my research. Its safe. Period. If you think they used the same methods as in the 1976 flu h1n1 strain to develop the shot, you are far off. The etiology of this h1n1 strain is closer related to the early 1900 strain versus the 1976 strain. I'd suggest you quit spewing the bs and show me primary literature from Pubmed that back your thoughts.

Its evidence-less critics that bring about vaccine deficits (such as the great autistic bs of the 90's) that lead children dieing and re-emerging disease.

Dude seriously, don't talk about ELISAs and western blots to an audience that has no idea what they are used for or the meaning thereof. You do not have to get upset and complain just because someone else thinks differently either by choice or by lack of information, and personally if you are going to have doctor Pete as your avatar and represent OSU-COM you should watch how you speak to people. You are representing our College and telling people to quit spewing BS is not the way to represent our school (you should have been talked to during orientation about this kind of thing and if not I would be glad to inform you)

If you do however want to explain the mechanisms for how a vaccine works, how the immune system works, why certain populations should have certain immunizations, and why there are symptoms after getting a shot then do that not just throw around accusations

Latest posts

Top Bottom