Anyone remember Mashburn Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I traded for a Mashburn custom German Mauser in 30-06 with a Mannlicher stock.
So beautiful.
Got it from Neanderthal.
It's one of my favorite pieces.
I know we all miss Neanderthal.

Yeppers. I used to send him links to ancient ruins like Mesa Verde and others. He always seemed to appreciate them. I just wonder if he ever got to go to Mesa Verde?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember all those folks. I remember Mashburn being further south on the same side of the same road, but the building front faced south. Seems like it was in the front of a service company yard or some such. Maybe my memory sux. Hard to say.

If I remember it right, your description is accurate, but I'll add that I think it was on South Eastern, perhaps a mile or so south of I-40.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy, this thread and places named in it bring back memories for me. Early '80's I think it was, FBF/Outdoor America, Mashburn, Southwest Shooters and Gene Sears out in El Reno to name a few.
I never lived in OKC area but stopped there frequently when driving through.
I recall visiting with Fred Baker regarding buying a SIONICS suppressor once upon a time.
Wasn't his nephew, etc. an OCSO deputy at one time???

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my brother took me in there once around 1979-80 when I was 11 or 12.

I remember stuff being everywhere and the guys were dicks, but it was cool as hell as a young kid.

Mashburn was THE regional gunstore in the 30s -50s. Would love to go back in time to visit.

Building still exists.

View attachment 463553
Is this the photo from MacArthur. I was hoping to see one from further back when on Penn. They were reinvented a few times. After on Mac ( I guess) they appeared on S. Eastern I believe. Then I believe the last remnants moved and are what's now called Gun World on S. Sunnylane, Del City. Check me if wrong.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mashburn Arms was originally located approx. NW 5th and Western. (Lost their lease) and building was torn down)
1710992283204.png

Moved 1 to 2 blocks north to 1017 NW 6th (Temperly location for a short time until they moved to Old Penn Theater.
1710992444880.png

Gun World bought them out and moved to South Eastern to an oil field yard.
Gun world also bought out Melvin Tyler (Britton Road) at approx.. the same time.

Last edited:

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I remember Mashburn's and Fred Bakers. What was the big pawn shop back in the day, I want to say A-1, I think is was near Shepherd Mall. Then there was Charlie's Surplus in Midwest City. My dad bought a couple Lugers from Mashburns, of course he sold them later.

Dadof#4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my brother took me in there once around 1979-80 when I was 11 or 12.

I remember stuff being everywhere and the guys were dicks, but it was cool as hell as a young kid.

Mashburn was THE regional gunstore in the 30s -50s. Would love to go back in time to visit.

Building still exists.

View attachment 463553
Good gun selection but they were crooks

SBSATS

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did most of my shopping at Southwest Shooters for reloading supplies. But my dad's uncle worked at Mashburns for many years. His name was Haydon Bryce. Not positive but I think he was a part owner. Bought a new in the box Smith & Wesson Dirty Harry special from him back in the late 70s or early 80s for 500 bucks. Lord, I wish I could find one for that price now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom