Anyone remember Mashburn Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember them occasionally having some really cool guns.

I also vaguely remember them getting burglarized more than a few times.
I had a gun there on consignment when it got roofed one night. Luckily our helicopter spotted them and they were arrested. I had to get with the detective assigned to get my gun back so I could sell it.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember it right, your description is accurate, but I'll add that I think it was on South Eastern, perhaps a mile or so south of I-40.
It was in the middle of a oilfield rig yard in a double wide trailer. It was a dump. Arnold Beck took the oldest and most respected gun store in Oklahoma and drunk and gambled it away. The partner Hayden Bryce, was forced to sell his 49% to Beck for $25K. Shameful. The guys that bought the Mashburn name were never able to bring it back.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was in the middle of a oilfield rig yard in a double wide trailer. It was a dump. Arnold Beck took the oldest and most respected gun store in Oklahoma and drunk and gambled it away. The partner Hayden Bryce, was forced to sell his 49% to Beck for $25K. Shameful. The guys that bought the Mashburn name were never able to bring it back.
And the Beck guy was the jerk that worked there after it moved to Eastern right?

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did most of my shopping at Southwest Shooters for reloading supplies. But my dad's uncle worked at Mashburns for many years. His name was Haydon Bryce. Not positive but I think he was a part owner. Bought a new in the box Smith & Wesson Dirty Harry special from him back in the late 70s or early 80s for 500 bucks. Lord, I wish I could find one for that price now.
Hayden was Art Mashburn’s partner. When Art retired, he sold Arnold Beck, his nephew, 51% of the business leaving Hayden 49%. Beck commenced to drink and gamble it away.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lady that worked the checkout counter at SW Shooters was just about the nicest lady I’d ever met. Always friendly, smiling and would talk your ear off.

Never knew her name though.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lady that worked the checkout counter at SW Shooters was just about the nicest lady I’d ever met. Always friendly, smiling and would talk your ear off.

Never knew her name though.
Yes she was very nice, last time I seen her she was working at Langston's on Shields. Terri I think was her name but not sure.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the Beck guy was the jerk that worked there after it moved to Eastern right?
Yes. Jerk is appropriate. When they were still on Penn, they were selling my commercial reloaded ammo. They were net 30 days and often late paying me. One time when I asked him for a 40 day late payment, he handed it to his wife snd said put this in line for payment. I said I thought I was standing in line for payment. That pissed him off and he wrote me a check. It was $300-400. and I took it directly to his bank a couple of blocks away to cash it. They told me there wasn’t enough in the account to pay the check. The oldest gun store in the state. I couldn’t believe it. I took the check back to Mashburns. Beck had left and Hayden paid me cash out of his billfold. He told me to deal only with him from then on. It didn’t take long before Hayden had to sell to Beck and the store went to crap and moved to SE 59 in the rig yard double wide.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. Jerk is appropriate. When they were still on Penn, they were selling my commercial reloaded ammo. They were net 30 days and often late paying me. One time when I asked him for a 40 day late payment, he handed it to his wife snd said put this in line for payment. I said I thought I was standing in line for payment. That pissed him off and he wrote me a check. It was $300-400. and I took it directly to his bank a couple of blocks away to cash it. They told me there wasn’t enough in the account to pay the check. The oldest gun store in the state. I couldn’t believe it. I took the check back to Mashburns. Beck had left and Hayden paid me cash out of his billfold. He told me to deal only with him from then on. It didn’t take long before Hayden had to sell to Beck and the store went to crap and moved to SE 59 in the rig yard double wide.
I was told they had to get rid of him because he ran a lot of customers off after the move to Eastern. The prices were so insane I never went back after a few times of going in there. I was never in Mashburn's when Art ran it unfortunately. He did great work on the rifles he built that I've seen.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Only went in to the Penn location once. I was in my 20’s and asked if the barrels on their batch of SKS’s were pressed in or threaded. I was told ‘why would I tell you that, just to have you go elsewhere’? Walked out and never went back.
I do appreciate the work Art did in the Wildcat cartridge world though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom