Apology to All of You

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys and Gals:

Every day that has passed since last week's horrible Friday, has been like a wind blowing the fog from my eyes. I have seen the way the Democratic Party has pounced on this tragedy and attempted to manipulate our national sense of grief into an agenda that would have a significant impact on curtailing our rights as Americans. I have also watched how the Republican Party and the NRA has waited to make a response. They have treated this horror with dignity and respect for the families of the victims precisely by NOT attempting to play on the anxiety, grief and sheer disgust we all feel.

In the past, I have mocked and scorned people for the positions they have taken here. I was WRONG. I watch the outpouring of love and genuine concern from the conservative community and I have seen the ridicule and blame pouring out from the other side. I can't be a part of that.

Again, I am a social liberal, and I am sure the Republican Party will piss me off, but I have seen the true faces of the liberal movement and it has enraged me. I am an American. I love this country. I love what it stands for. I love the fact that with hard work and effort, a poor kid like me from a broken home and a small town can become successful. I know this privilige was bought and paid for by the sacrifice and blood of the generations who came before me. I know it is maintained by the sacrifice and blood of those people who serve and protect our nation currently.

I am an American. That makes me a part of a special people. A people free to move about the nation. A people free to pursue their dreams. "The gun" has been the instrument to safeguard and ensure that freedom. I will not be part of a group that seeks to rob me of my ability to protect myself, my family, my friends and my country. I will not be a part of a group who mocks patriots who love this great nation. I will not be part of a group who simply wants to take the easy way out and who have traded their moral duty to face the hard questions of life for the warm fuzzy feeling of blindly following the easy way in life. Americans don't do that. When hard times come, we step up and are counted, often at great personal cost.

This will be my last post about this. It's just that I am ASHAMED of the way I have treated some of you. I hope you will find it possible to forgive me. I was dead wrong and I promise you all that I will do my absolute best to rectify my mistake.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awe man, now who is going to play the role of rat bastard?

(It takes a big hombre to publicly make amends for those he might've wronged. You have my respect!)

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad that you've had this change of heart/head, JB. I just wish that the Republican party were still worthy of your support. As a life-long conservative (granted with strong libertarian leanings) and Republican, I am now a "Republican" in registration only. This is due to the fact that I could not vote in primaries otherwise. Hopefully, with folks like you coming on board, this will change. Welcome!!!

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sir, if this country affords us anything it is the right to change our minds and our ways. Hopefully we do that for the better.

Thank you for saying it publicly, that helps us all re affirm ourselves, and will also help some be more likely to see your position on other things

I'm afraid as one of the founders once said "we must all hang together, or we will of a surety all hang separately"

Mister D, You earned some stripes in my book, for what it's worth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom