AR Lubricnats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddlstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a beat to death subject, but what does everyone usually use for oils on their AR rifles. Has anyone used a thicker grease like a synthetic moly blend. I notice the oils tend to rub off or dry out after sitting in the safe and will start to feel dry pretty fast. I've always just used the Remington oil or hoppe's oil.

ddlstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the Mobil 1, do you use a general automotive oil or other type. I have some DTE lite that I use in my jet turbines ( its an equipment / machinery oil ) that is pretty good. I did see on another forum people talking about the Mobil 1, will give it a try.
thanks

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slip2000 EWL. For me it works better than Mobile 1 and the smell/fumes doesn't knock me out. Proven stuff too with articles and tests everywhere. Mobile 1 does work and it's cheaper. I just can't stand the smell and dealing with it.

Last edited:

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you really want to try Something - ANS Precision. 50% and 66%+ High Content MOLY Synth. grease/lube.

Grease - ANS Precision, WeaponShield, Slide Glide, Mobil1 XP222 Special or Aeroshell 33MS or Valv. 632 I think is the other EHP grease that has 4-5% or less moly-di.... Again, if you want the benefits of metal protection from Moly - ANS Precision.

Oils/Syns - ANS Precision synth. lube, WeaponShield, Fireclean,

others - Slip2000EWL, Militec1, Ams Oil, Machine Gunners Lube, Wilson Combat, etc.

Everyone has their 'baby' -- if you want the new Stuff …….go with ANS or Fireclean or Weaponshield

If you still think the Car cleaning items for your tires/dash and filters sold in box stores are good enough --- then use the old school stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom