Attepted home invansion!!(yukon,ok)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take this into consideration. How many cops are on duty at any given time? This was not Okc where they have hundreds out driving around at any given time and when a call is received and 10-20 respond setting up perimeters and access to a helicopter.

I worked at Yukon PD for a short time back in 1985. There were times when I was the only officer on duty. The only back up I had was any officer who was listening to a radio or scanner at home or a Deputy from Canadian County.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take this into consideration. How many cops are on duty at any given time? This was not Okc where they have hundreds out driving around at any given time and when a call is received and 10-20 respond setting up perimeters and access to a helicopter.

I worked at Yukon PD for a short time back in 1985. There were times when I was the only officer on duty. The only back up I had was any officer who was listening to a radio or scanner at home or a Deputy from Canadian County.

I graduated from Yukon in the early 90's We knew back then that after 10 pm there was only 2 of you in the town on Duty. We used that to our advantage when moving the beer kegs from one house to another! lol

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OCPD barely has hundreds of officers, let alone that many on patrol. At any given time, in any district, not counting any special assignments such as gangs, RAID, etc, there are 20 officers or so per division. Bricktown has the most, because of the money it brings in. Yes, you may see 10-20 respond to a high priority call, or crime scene, but some are gonna be crime scene supervisors etc, and they only leave 1-2 for the rest of the districtunless something else priority comes up. At shift overlap, and on the days sets overlaps, you will have more, but midshift, at best two dozen if no one is sick, or on vacation.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of these at my house, they are cheap but I can see what is outside day or night. Has motion activated recording with an audible alarm at monitor if motion present. At night I set monitor to black screen but when motion is present in front of a camera monitor switchs on to the activated camera. It also has sound at camera but I leave it off because you can hear every car passing house or dogs in area barking. They had them on sale for $180
wireless-camera-system-LW92-L1.jpg

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IAM WARNING ALL PEOPLE IN THE YUKON AREA!! I live in yukon and at 4:25am today a man busted my front door and opened it!!! My wife and i jumped awake,she ran to the daughters room next to ours as i chambered my 45.I headed toward the front door to find it part way open and no one around.She called 911 and grabbed the AR!!! The police saw a suspected jump a fence 5 houses down!!Just want to warn everyone this neighborhood was lucky it was us most all my neighbors are much older and could have been victims!!
sorry to hear I bet that was scary. I'd suggest leaving one in the pipe at all times.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume from the orginal post that his front door is set up like mine. I could use a double keyed deadbolt but then worries about a fire and not being able to find the key and open the door.

Recommendation I had from a realtor was to tack a nail in the upper corner of the door frame on the lock side, then tie a key to it with a string that's just long enough to reach the lock. It'll hang out of sight right along the door molding, which will be easy enough to find in the dark.

rustbuilder

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you guys i have added motion sensors,and i have replaced the front door with a solid door with a peephole.Also thanks for not tearing me up on the spelling of the original post title!! I was pretty upset but wanted people to be made aware! P.S. THIS HAS RUINED OUR SLEEPING!!

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you are all safe - and a solid door installed!

I have one of these at my house, they are cheap but I can see what is outside day or night. Has motion activated recording with an audible alarm at monitor if motion present. At night I set monitor to black screen but when motion is present in front of a camera monitor switchs on to the activated camera. It also has sound at camera but I leave it off because you can hear every car passing house or dogs in area barking. They had them on sale for $180
View attachment 27117

Where did you get this? I'm thinking this is what I need at my place. We live out in the sticks in Lincoln County, but hear of all the meth heads and idiots around. I only have a motion detect at the driveway which sounds an alarm in the house. This looks like you can have more than just the 2 cameras shown? Possibly 4?

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can have 4 cameras on it. Got mine from lorex technology , have seen themm on ebay also. Just need power at each camera and you'd set. You can also watch video on phone or another computer with skype but I have never tried it.

darth_ted_82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wondered why oh why do the manufactures put the regular door knob and dead bolt so close together?

Spread them apart..or add another one up higher...
Of course the 3" or 4" screws into the brass that it latches into...
I have even pulled the trim off around the door opening and installed a 2" wide strip of steel that is 1/16" to 1/8" thick under the trim..secured with many countersunk screws....That entire wall must come down or the door break if you want to force your way in...

The steel reinforcement is legit. I've run across several breaches set up like that and they are no joke. Ballistic and mechanical breaching is loud and time consuming on the set up. Unless they go explosive, you will have a heads up and time to get defensive!

Latest posts

Top Bottom