Attepted home invansion!!(yukon,ok)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate the idea that I have to wear a gun in my own house while doing stuff with my kids. It seems it is going that way.

I agree, but I've packed around mine as long as I can remember. I always thought my family's safety trumphed the inconvenience. All you have to do is watch the news.....

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you and your family were prepared.
Thanks for the heads up ..i live near reno and mustang rd..so we get OKC police..little slow .
Wife hung a nice thrift store wind chime on the front door..This makes racket for sure...
This hangs on the upper safety chain latched to the door and wall...
wind chime alarm.jpg

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For his sake I wish you would have let a few rounds go, but glad you didn't for your sake and legal sake.
Glad everything is ok.

As others have said glass in doors are not the best of idea but if it is then do a double keyed dead bolt so there is no handle for him to turn. the door frame reinforcement kits are not bad at all when you install them use about 3in screws(drywall screws work fine) The last one I installed on a job they sent 1 3in screw and 4 1in screws which would not help the door any, and while you are at it put a few in the other side of the door (take the weather stripping out and put them behind it and you never will know they are there) About 4 to 6 a side and the only way the frame is coming out is by cutting it out, the door will give first.

Cavagan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear every one is OK!

I live on the east side of Lake Overholser, and someone attempted to get in our front door last Wednesday evening while my mother was home alone. They tested the lock, and applied shoulder pressure, but were unable to enter. Their failure was probably induce by the quite large doberman, .380, and 12ga that were waiting on the other side.

Seems like there is a rash of attempted B&E's lately folks, be safe! Be prepared!

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is pretty spooky, as I have had a nagging feeling something like this could happen to me the last few nights. Time for everyone to review their plans

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm thankful I live in a state that allows us to protect ourselves. Jace is correct. Have a plan.

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i603.photobucket.com_albums_tt116_Batchman911_DSC_0039_zpsd44132de.jpg

I assume from the orginal post that his front door is set up like mine. I could use a double keyed deadbolt but then worries about a fire and not being able to find the key and open the door.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wondered why oh why do the manufactures put the regular door knob and dead bolt so close together?

Spread them apart..or add another one up higher...
Of course the 3" or 4" screws into the brass that it latches into...
I have even pulled the trim off around the door opening and installed a 2" wide strip of steel that is 1/16" to 1/8" thick under the trim..secured with many countersunk screws....That entire wall must come down or the door break if you want to force your way in...

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend at works parents house was broke into, today sometime between 8 and about 11:30 am.
No one home ,went in through the garage, left garage door open, neighbor thought it weird that door was open.
T.V.'s ,computers ,jewlery maybe couple guns.
Ransaked and pretty much tore the house up, in the Middle of the Day.

.Glad your safe .......BOLO....theyre out there!

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So his priority is to investigate a crime, not catch a criminal? My wife would have been letting 911 know the house was secure. OP, I will let me brother know. He lives in my house on the other side of the park and want him to know what is going on.

No his priority is to get his butt to where a family of 3 called for help. Don't be dense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom