Bass were biting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_h8D44FBEE.gif

Whoa! Way cool!! Noodling at its finest!
The divers at Bass Pro in Springfield Mo. feed the big bass goldfish. Talked to one of them afterward, and he said the only fish he was concerned with was the Walleye with the teeth they have.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not noodling if you don't stand a good chance of grabbing a cottonmouth by mistake... :D

One of the main reasons I don't noodle much. Ive been a few times and have actually caught some flatheads but then somebody mentioned Cottonmouths... He#$ no...Too many experiences with them while coonhunting with hounds in East Texas and North Florida growing up. I swear in Florida every time the dogs treed a coon there would be 2-3 cotton mouths under it...not fun

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tore them up again this weekend. They are getting ready to spawn and were in less than a foot of water. I was cruising the shores and throwing an 8 inch pumpkin lizard dang near on the land. If I got a nice splash and was right next to the shore, they'd hit nearly every time. I lost track of how many we caught, I was at my limit in the first 15 minutes, then started culling for bigger fish. Never caught anything over 4 lbs, but probably near 100 fish in two days. I'm not a huge bass fisherman, but when I get into something like that, it sure makes me want to fish more. Most all were males, only a couple of females that I kept and they had eggs. One particularly interesting fish broke my line as soon as I set the hook, may have nipped a rock or something else that caused it to break, but I wanted to know how big that fish was. I quickly tied on another rig and threw it to the exact spot I was aiming for and before that lizard had even gone completely under water, I had a fish on. Reeled it in and as I was taking the hook out, I looked in his throat and there was the lizard I had just lost on the previous cast. I thought that was kind neat.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_4_7_13_1.jpg

Came home and had a skeet shoot then cooked fish for everyone, good stuff.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_4_7_13_2.jpg

Sign of a good day!
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_4_7_13_3.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's a lot of fish! Great pic of the half swallowed lizzard too. It's a good thing you put how many fish you caught, after looking at your thumb, I was going to start calling you "hensta" instead of r00s7a:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom