Beans and Cornbread Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife makes awesome beans she puts salt pork in it, now her cornbread sucks her excuse is that Germans are not a cornbread kind of people. her last pan of cornbread I could have put it in a cannon and shot it through a brick wall.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crock Pot Pork (achiote style)
1.Get banana leaves and package(little brick)of Achiote from Mexican store.
2. 1 - 3-4 lb pork roast
3.2 red onions
4.10 limes

Use some pieces of banana leaves to line crockpot. Juice enough limes to get a 1/2 cup, and work achiote and lime together in bowl to make a paste. Rub over roast, I also cut a few slits in roast.
Place roast in pot, pour rest of paste over it.Slice one onion up on top, add 1/2 cup water to pot, cover with banana leaves. Cook on "low"(med) around 10 hrs.

slice other onion thin. Submerse in boiling water for 10 seconds, rinse. Place in jar with 1/2 tsp salt and enough lime juice to cover. Refrigerate 16-24 hrs.

Serve meat as tacos with black beans, cilantro, pink onions(you made), salsa guac...

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife makes awesome beans she puts salt pork in it, now her cornbread sucks her excuse is that Germans are not a cornbread kind of people. her last pan of cornbread I could have put it in a cannon and shot it through a brick wall.

Sweet Cornbread

Ingredients
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 350º.
In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Add the oil, melted butter, honey, eggs, and milk.
Pour into a greased 8-inch square pan.
Bake for 35 minutes.

food.sndimg.com_img_recipes_11_61_85_large_picMfqb2r.jpg_a76b8aecac4272f9610aac716c923247.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crock Pot Pork (achiote style)
1.Get banana leaves and package(little brick)of Achiote from Mexican store.
2. 1 - 3-4 lb pork roast
3.2 red onions
4.10 limes

Use some pieces of banana leaves to line crockpot. Juice enough limes to get a 1/2 cup, and work achiote and lime together in bowl to make a paste. Rub over roast, I also cut a few slits in roast.
Place roast in pot, pour rest of paste over it.Slice one onion up on top, add 1/2 cup water to pot, cover with banana leaves. Cook on "low"(med) around 10 hrs.

slice other onion thin. Submerse in boiling water for 10 seconds, rinse. Place in jar with 1/2 tsp salt and enough lime juice to cover. Refrigerate 16-24 hrs.

Serve meat as tacos with black beans, cilantro, pink onions(you made), salsa guac...

O.M.G. this sounds good ... I gotta go ... I need to go to the store ... lol THANKS!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom