Beans and Cornbread Day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meatloaf today, last week we had beans and jalapeno cornbread... mmmmmmmm good!!

we try to cook something in the slow cooker weekly.

For a special treat, use some of your leftover meatloaf for chicken fried meatloaf. Instead of making a meatloaf sandwich, just dip the slices of meatloaf in breading and fry it up. Serve with chicken gravy and mashed potatoes.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get outvoted on this in my house, but I did convince the wife put up with my chuck roast and potatoes/onions/carrots/cabbage that we started in the crock this morning.

I haven't had beans in years and man, they sound good.

This is how I have been with garlic since marrying GC ... I can hardly wait to put him in a home. First thing I'm gonna do is cook an entire loaf of garlic bread and make myself sick eating it ... :drooling: (Yeah, that's right, baby, you know I love ya but ... I'm gonna eat GARLIC!!! :wink2:)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beans and cornbread = good as it gets! I smoked a ham for about 9 hrs at Thanksgiving, and those leftovers make the best beans...

For crock-pot folks, I found a recipe for some Mexican achiote pork roast that's easy, and delicious...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You read my mind!!! I had them last night and my oh my were they good!

It is that time of year!

That looks different - more colorful - than the monochrome pot of white beans and ham my parents us to fix. I see darker beans, tomato even?

Gotta recipe you'd care to share?

oldkar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made a big pot friday thinking it would last wife and i a few days. kids came saturday and cleaned me out. how do they know ? got a new pot started now

Latest posts

Top Bottom