Best cell phone carrier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best cell phone carrier?

• ATT

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • VERIZON

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • SPRINT

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • TMOBILE

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • OTHER

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we were on AT&T, we were always having a situation where the phone didn't ring. Then it might be a day or two before we got the voice message. Moved to Verizon and haven't had any problems yet. We are also using the Verizon MiFi for our internet connections.

+1. Verizon is superior in coverage. In OKC, they assumed the very good old Alltel network. In Tulsa, they recently built the whole network from scratch. Only thing is they are not the cheapest.

I had no issues with AT&T, and neither does my wife, except once I got the company phone through Verizon I realized how much better their coverage is. I have traveled all over OK, Kansas, Missouri, Michigan, and southern California, with great receiption, even in the valleys around LA.

Some people state their service is superior to AT&T or Sprint, though I have no complaints about AT&T. I did have some issue with Sprint's billing around 9 years ago.

If I did not have a company phone (meaning, I were paying my own bill), I would probably have a Boost or Virgin (both use Sprint Network) no-contract unlimited plan, with an AT&T Go Phone in the glove box as a spare if I am roaming.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check the carrier's coverage map, they all have them. T-Mobile has rolled out Ethernet in major areas, this is a 20 Mbps connection to each site. Usually tests out at 7 Mbps for each subscriber. Think about it, most cable modems are at 1.5 Mbps.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have yet to hear anything bad about US Cellular. I have AT&T and I think things could be better. I had nextel , which I think is Sprint now. The Nextel plan was like making a deal with the Devil. Then dealing with the mob for tech and billing support. I dont care if they have changed hands I wouldnt risk it. I have a business plan and I suppose it entitles me to better service , but , I am still not totally happy with AT&T. When I call with questions they always ask me for my PIN #. I tell them that I dont have a PIN and never set a PIN up on my account. They always reassure me that I did . I then tell them what my PIN is for every other thing that requires one (which is the same number that me and the wifey use on everything and there is no variance) . They tell me NO thats not it. I tell them thats b/c we dont have one or thats what it would be. Now quit jackin around and handle my problem.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone but att. I dropped verizon for att to get the iphone. The phone is great but the service sucks. I drop more calls in a month with att than I did the entire three years I has Verizon. I now work all over the western US and I rarely have service, while my co-workers with Sprint and Verizion rarely not have service. I live in Moore and while talking to the att customer service I dropped the call twice.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
interesting feedback... been with ATT for a long time. so have not tried any other carriers. had loads of billing issues until I upgraded to a more expensive plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom