I feel I do not need a Cell Phone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my car breaks down then I am a crappy mechanic and deserve to walk it off.
I am 55 so not quite to the point that I can't walk many many miles.

I may get one in the future. But i am not going to like it :)
My sister was in your ball park for many years.
When she finally got one she still relied on the land line. A year into the cell, she dumped the landline.

I just activated the newest iPhone 15 Pro Max.
If it detects a collision, it calls 911. It asks before doing that. Remember those folks that have a medical issue, go off a bridge and die after a couple days trapped inside? Problem solved.
If the phone detects me falling, it sends a message to ask if I’m ok after 10 seconds. If not responding, it sends my location to my wife and son or anyone I wish to designate.
If in a part of the country with no cell service, I can send an SoS via satellite with my location.

Tons of other benefits that as one ages can be of benefit including if in an accident, and unable to help yourself, there is your medical info available for first responders to see what your allergic to or other medical issues if one chooses to set up the phone that way. It’s not required and no one can access it if activated.
I look on it as a method to help not only myself but my wife if in an accident if we are together which is a lot.
Technology can be a game changer if one wants it to be.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well here's another couple that didn't spend the money on wedding rings. Why?? I would just lose it and I've ALWAYS believed if a man was gonna cheat on me a little bitty gold band wasn't gonna slow him -- have you SEEN the divorce rate for cops??

Hell it hasn't been that long ago a Trooper up by Tulsa was caught doing hookers in the back of his patrol car. His wife couldn't divorce him fast enough when that hit the news. 🤷 (Personally I don't blame her. In the back of the patrol car? Really? On the side of the highway?? You couldn't spring for the $25 day rate at the local Days Inn?? Sheesh ...)

I didn't want a cell phone but Grumpy wouldn't hear it. Sigh. And I have to admit it has come in handy. So ... Man I dunno the answer to any of these questions. Lol (And my phone is dying -- 8% -- so I'll "see" y'all tomorrow! Night! 😘

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no fear confronting people without a cell phone.
Never had one and still do not feel I need one.

Now if i could get internet and phone on a cell phone that will work without a land line and allow the wife to work from home on her computer that is used for her Tinker AFB work i would cut the cable to the house.

I do not feel like I am being tracked if I had a cell phone it is just something i do not NEED.
If i can save money then it is a NEED.

I did not get any type of wedding ring when i got married.
No need for a shiny rock that is uber overpriced.
Now If I could make money off of it then yea.

I do not own a watch. They break on me and I pretty much know what time it is.
And if I am supposed to be somewhere i usually leave from the house and clocks are everywhere and having a watch will not speed me up.I will get there when I arrive.

Maybe because I live under a rock I feel some things are not warranted for me.

I bet I could make money off a cell phone though as there are apps for doing all kinds of things like UBER and other various things where a phone is needed.

Even if a cell was given to me and the plan paid for i would not like to have one.
I just have not got there yet.
I just got over the cassette replacing the 8 track.
Dr. Seuss?

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your wife can use the mobile hotspot feature (Verizon is the best and 15% military discount) with a GVT computer she just needs to install a VPN. Just no physical connection. Also, a cell phone that can turn on can call 911 even without a phone plan. So I have old cell phones charged up and turned off and placed in strategic areas so that even if my regular cell is dead I can still call 911.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My sister was in your ball park for many years.
When she finally got one she still relied on the land line. A year into the cell, she dumped the landline.

I just activated the newest iPhone 15 Pro Max.
If it detects a collision, it calls 911. It asks before doing that. Remember those folks that have a medical issue, go off a bridge and die after a couple days trapped inside? Problem solved.
If the phone detects me falling, it sends a message to ask if I’m ok after 10 seconds. If not responding, it sends my location to my wife and son or anyone I wish to designate.
If in a part of the country with no cell service, I can send an SoS via satellite with my location.

Tons of other benefits that as one ages can be of benefit including if in an accident, and unable to help yourself, there is your medical info available for first responders to see what your allergic to or other medical issues if one chooses to set up the phone that way. It’s not required and no one can access it if activated.
I look on it as a method to help not only myself but my wife if in an accident if we are together which is a lot.
Technology can be a game changer if one wants it to be.
Not to mention, it also has a great camera that is always with you.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well here's another couple that didn't spend the money on wedding rings. Why?? I would just lose it and I've ALWAYS believed if a man was gonna cheat on me a little bitty gold band wasn't gonna slow him -- have you SEEN the divorce rate for cops??

Hell it hasn't been that long ago a Trooper up by Tulsa was caught doing hookers in the back of his patrol car. His wife couldn't divorce him fast enough when that hit the news. 🤷 (Personally I don't blame her. In the back of the patrol car? Really? On the side of the highway?? You couldn't spring for the $25 day rate at the local Days Inn?? Sheesh ...)

I didn't want a cell phone but Grumpy wouldn't hear it. Sigh. And I have to admit it has come in handy. So ... Man I dunno the answer to any of these questions. Lol (And my phone is dying -- 8% -- so I'll "see" y'all tomorrow! Night! 😘
Like you haven’t done it in the back of patrol car while probably wearing handcuffs. 😂

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If my car breaks down then I am a crappy mechanic and deserve to walk it off.
I am 55 so not quite to the point that I can't walk many many miles.

I may get one in the future. But i am not going to like it :)

The Future awaits you buddy! Come on in and relish technology with the rest of us! Your whole world will open up! You can send us all photos of your adventures!

WE DEMAND YOU HAVE ONE LIKE THE REST OF US! WE WANT LINKED TO YOU!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the phone detects me falling, it sends a message to ask if I’m ok after 10 seconds
Man I run up the stairs and have fallen going up the stairs many times.
Tripped up in my own back yard jungle and tripped up in the woods by briars.

That phone would eventually quit asking if I am ok and just say REALLY again or just start laughing at me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom