Best Interest rates or Investment ROI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to sell high when it's low, lol

I was just being a smarta$$ by bringing this thread back...you always have an answer (albeit, usually wrong) so I was curious as to what you'd write.
Well I didnt sell anything so I didnt loose a dime I suppose. Of course your going to tell me that is wrong.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No cause your never wrong.
I have done rental houses, Its a lot of work and can be profitable but my SP stock did 35% last 18 months. I have no debt involved. I didnt have to clean up after old renters. I win.

Well I didnt sell anything so I didnt loose a dime I suppose. Of course your going to tell me that is wrong.

I don't know what it means to "loose a dime" so not sure how to answer that?

Anyway, you still doing 35% over the last 18 months, lol?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I didnt sell anything so I didnt loose a dime I suppose.

You dont need to sell unless you just like to play or move stuff around, I hold on to em unless theyre no good to begin with or short term stuff we're playing with. My father passed in 97' and left me and my younger brother all of his Sherwin Williams stock because we had worked with him in his paint shop and parts stores ever since we were kids and my older half brother and sisters never lived with us and never worked for my father so he left them some other stuff, of which they sold out of everything asap like people usually do when they inherit money. Me and my lil bro just let our mom, a retired banker in OK, take care of our stuff for us. I have other stocks but the Sherwin Williams stock is my BC. When it was transferred to us in 97' it was almost $60 a share ($56) and we had 3k shares together. It split right after we got it- hasnt split again since- so we then had double shares of almost $30 stock. Its at 275.16 this morning. It has just steadily risen over the years and not tanked once so we let it ride and take the dividends. My religious brother is more superstitious than religious to me, he thinks its my father doing it so he wont sell. I dont need the money, yet, so I just leave it too, even tho I dont think my father has anything to do with the stock market from wherever he is.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And look at it now. Obviously you don't understand the market.

You're right, I don't understand the market...calling VLKAF twitchy makes no sense.

Since you do...how would you describe the last 5 YEARS of performance?

[Broken External Image]

They are one of the TWITCHIEST stocks around since the Emissions scandal...anyone with investment acumen knows that.

And, why would you not only recommend it (Out of any other Single Stock) but say that I don't 'Understand the Market'?

Come on Dennis, if you are going to be "KNOW IT ALL" at least know something, lol.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Real estate is obviously going to be more stable and lucrative in the long run especially if you're not overly leveraged. Not everyone has the money or the motivation to get into it though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom