Blackhawk over BA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was black, and if you have ever heard a blackhawk, there is no mistaking it for a civilian chopper. It has a mean thump to it (I grew up on base LOL).

Well, my comment was referring to the conspirasah type of Black Helicopter popular in the late 90's. If it was actually painted black, as opposed to the dark OG CARC used by the Army, it very well may have belonged to Customs.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ugoleftillgorite said:
Thanks, Ryan. That clears some things up. I would have assumed it would have been illegal unless the situation warranted. Looks like you fly/work with helicopters?

I am a blackhawk pilot down at Lexington. That hawk was from our sister unit at Tulsa airport.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand your doubt, but this is coming from retired AF flight line manager/aircraft mechanic, so he should have a pretty good gauge of what was going on. It was over a populated area (he was close enough to see inside the open door of the chopper), and there have been very similar exercises in other cities that did make it in the news: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...ary-maneuvers-in-the-skies-above-downtown-la/

I am wondering if anyone actually DID see it.

I live .6 of a mile southeast of 111th and s. Elm pl. I haven't heard or seen any helicopters at my place. Just curious who your father is because I too worked in the flt line but in weapons for the Air National Guard at Tulsa. Was your father active duty or reserve/guard?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a couple of Blackhawks fly over during the daytime within the last few days. I get a kick out of watching military aircraft fly over the house. Probably the most interesting thing I've seen flying over the house was an AWACS doing a mid-flight refueling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom