Blockbuster Video In Backruptcy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not surprised. Blockbuster was content with what they had going. Between Netflix and Redbox I'm surprised it too Blockbuster this long to file.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coincidentally, Blockbuster is/was owned by Circuit City, who also declared bankruptcy. Guess they didnt learn their lesson. Honestly, I quit going to their stores a long time ago. They replaced half the movies with TV's, DVD players, etc, and the selection started to suck even more than it did previously.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coincidentally, Blockbuster is/was owned by Circuit City, who also declared bankruptcy. Guess they didnt learn their lesson. Honestly, I quit going to their stores a long time ago. They replaced half the movies with TV's, DVD players, etc, and the selection started to suck even more than it did previously.

No offense but:
Just to keep the facts straight Blockbuster was never owned by Circuit City. Blockbuster looked into purchasing Circuit City before they filed bankruptsy and closed their stores.

Blockbuster will still be around, just not as we now know them. They refused to change fast enough when redbox and other competitors emerged and got into trouble real fast. Now with all the other possible options out there, they simply can't succeed with the current business plan. They do have blue boxes out there as well as the ability to stream movies. They will survive, but the brick and mortar stores will probably for the most part disappear.

WRH1234

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not surprised by this...I dropped them long ago when they double my membership fee twice in one year and decreased the number of movies I could have checked out at one time.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The BlockBuster in Stilly closed over a year ago. Still have Hastings but no clue on how well they do renting movies.....more books and audio.
Family Video opened up a few months ago but I don't understand how they can make it.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Around here Redbox and Blockbuster machines are all over the place and its so easy to buy a movie for one dollar thats only a block from home, and when the machines have problems they usually give a coupon code for a free movie. No way a video store can compete with that. What I can't believe is that theatres can still stay in buisness, it cost 50 bucks to take a family to the movie theatre and buy popcorn and drinks.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i dont get how family video keeps opening stores..if aint working for blockbuster, it didnt work for movie gallery/hollywood video, i dont see how its gonna work any different for them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom