Blockbuster Video In Backruptcy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think on their rental machines - they are just a day late and a dollar short - Redbox has the market and I would sure hate to try to get into that field now....

I mean really how much cheaper are they goign to be than $1.00

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knew this was coming. Not gonna bother me. Have an extra large amount of DVR space on my satellite;have a DVD burner;etc. I would rather use PPV before I would ever spend any money at Blockbuster. Havent been there in years.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We almost never go to Blockbuster anymore, but I did take my youngest to rent a game last night as a reward for doing well in school. I also picked up a movie and the clerk said, "$15.00." I about needed some depends.

I looked at the receipt and the game rental is now $9.00 + tax. UFB.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also curious how these Family Video stores are making it. The days of Brick and Mortar Movie rentals are GONE.

Family Video are more into the real estate property than the rental industry. They own the land they build on so they are primarily concerned with property value. They don't really have to make all that much money when you don't have a lease to pay. As long as you can pay for the employees and utilities you are all set.

Latest posts

Top Bottom