Blocked road protocol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the appropriate course of action?

• Sit there and wait for the road to clear.

• Try to maneuver around the protestors.

• Drive like hell because you are in fear for your life and your occupants life.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With protestors... Honestly if they are blocking the road being stupid, hammer the horn and slowly roll. The majority of people will get out of the way especially if the horn is EXTREMELY loud. I think it's about time to upgrade to a couple air horns in the near future with all the protests that have been popping up.

Make sure that horn is playing Dixie. :burnout:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the sense that our forefathers didn't 'get a permit and only protest during daylight' yes. They were also known for destroying some property.

Kind of a retarded argument don't you think? Our forefathers lived in a different time, in a completely different situation, I'm not sure they went and burned down the local blacksmith when they were pissed at the British.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there are many similarities and many differences. I also think it's disingenuous to say that protests should have to fit *your* (the royal your, not you specifically) definition of acceptable.

There are the peaceful protesters and then there are the thugs using the protests as an excuse to loot, burn and murder.

Oh, then there are the ones blocking the street.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of a retarded argument don't you think? Our forefathers lived in a different time, in a completely different situation, I'm not sure they went and burned down the local blacksmith when they were pissed at the British.

no one really recalls what happened at the Boston Tea Party? And i agree, it was a very different time. But that said, the idea that a protest has to be permitted (i.e sanctioned by the state) and only held during select hours goes against what the founding fathers believed in and practiced.

I don't condone riots and looting. And marching down roads and blocking traffic is not a new form of protest, either.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend in California who went through this exact scenario. He was in the middle of it all when the Rodney King riots started. He was with his two adult children. He immediately opened his toolbox, retrieved his .45 and two 9mm pistols. He also had enough full magazines to take on a small army. They didn't have to run anyone over, they didn't have to shoot anyone. They did have to point their weapons at various times in order to convince the rioters that it wouldn't be healthy to try to pull them out of their vehicle. They drove slowly, and maintained situational awareness, and after what seemed to them like an eternity (probably less than 1/2 hour), they made it to an on-ramp to a freeway. They didn't care what freeway at the time, as they really just needed to be out of the riot zone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom