Bluff Landing, Broken Arrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Trying to find a place to camp, fish and maybe other things if available (would love a place we could small game hunt, or bow hunt). Bluff landing is close, but if other areas are close that I don't know about, please fill me in! Wife and I are going to camp somewhere as a "survey trip" of a place to take the kids at times. Bluff landing is awfully convenient, but I haven't been out there in years, anyone frequent that place and have any suggestions?

Any tips on other areas close to Broken Arrow?

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May be closed due to the Obama shut down. Wagoner County Sheriff told me they were taking over the security dude to incidents, but I cannot remember when they would start.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that the place, by one of the lock and dams? My FIL took me to a place around BA a couple of years ago where there was a campground and boat ramp. Looked like a great fishing area for cats.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bluff is right above one of the COE's locks.

I'd imagine it's closed.

Not sure if the locks are running or not. I'm pretty sure the landings and boat ramps are closed, but I don't know that for a fact.

Probably be able to check the Nav channel website and find out.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn't thought about it being closed due to the shutdown, I was thinking it might be a seasonal shutdown. What about the camps at lakes? Or am I out of luck on camping....

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I hadn't thought about it being closed due to the shutdown, I was thinking it might be a seasonal shutdown. What about the camps at lakes? Or am I out of luck on camping....

If it's a Corps lake, or a Nat. Park (Arbuckle), you're gonna be SOL.

I'd try a State park somewhere. Lake Murray is pretty nice, but it's a long way from home for you.

Tenkiller and Grand will probably be open for business as usual, but might be crowded because of the overflow from Eufaula campers and other corp facilities.

Try one of these Lots of State parks in the NE portion of the state. That's why they call it Green Country! :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom