bowfishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Quick Draw rest a couple years ago and have loved it ever since. One of my buddies switched also, another is an epoxy guy still.

wademe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am getting ready to bow fish for the first time in my life... absolutely can't wait. trying to get the stuff to rig my bow up... what is the best set up? Compound or recurve? what reel is best? I could use some help guys!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no "best" setup, its all in what u like
As for me, I would strongly suggest Oneida bows, stabilizer reel seats (like a muzzy, stay away from the cheep Cajun seat it'll break and bend real quick! Spend the extra $10 on a good one) Side mounts (bolts on side of riser where sights go) like a Fuzz mount are nice too, spin cast reels (muzzy bowfishing reels, Shakespeare Ti20 or the regular 20). 200 lb fast flight line....
Other than Oneida bows or other lever limb bows, if go can find a used Pse/browning Baracuda they are a great cheep bowfishing bow. Typically you want as little or no let off on your bow.

I'd stay away from AMS retrievers and Slides suck! 80lb braided line or 200lb fast flights tied to the back of the arrow...

Oh ya, and epoxy rests ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom