Breast Cancer and pre-emptive surgeries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTH?!?! So why do these women all of a sudden decide to get a double mastectomy because they are genetically disposed to developing breast cancer? These women are being applauded as being "brave". It's stupid if you ask me. I am a cancer survivor and I lost my left testicle to testicular cancer. Even if I had known beforehand that I MIGHT develop cancer, I wouldn't have it removed because there was a chance. Get regular check ups and screenings. You may never develop cancer. Sure there's a chance you may develop cancer but there's also the chance you won't. Folding your cards before the rest of the hand is dealt is a cheap cop-out if you ask me. Some women call it brave. I call it cowardly.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cowardly? What, do you think you'll suffer from a shortage of eye candy if women make their own very difficult healthcare decisions? Jesus, Man. Mind your own business.

Super_soph198

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All women in my family in the past two years except my sister have received various forms of breast cancer my moms being the worst. My sister is guaranteed to get breast cancer just unknown of how bad. Or she could have the surgery to ensure that she is fine no matter what. No offense my grandad lost a testicle like you and was back to normal a month later. My mom is three surgeries in after chemo and such with several to go. You are not comparing apples to apples.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After watching someone I cared greatly (to say the least) become afflicted with cancer (it was terminal) there is no way in HELL I would ever call someone who made a decision like that cowardly. Your comments suggest to me that you have never seen the effects cancer has on a person, and I hope you do not.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a woman's body and she has a right to do to it what she pleases. If she knows she has a greater chance of cancer why should she go her whole life wondering when it might hit her? Considering your response, I'd say the women are pretty brave. They know they can avoid chemo and years of check-ups but they have to sacrifice their breasts, which is a physical feature many women would rather keep and many men would rather stare at. This thread is comparative to complaining when a woman has breast reduction because they've gotten so big they hurt her back, you're not the one who suffers but you're complaining about the loss of eye candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom