Thinking of moving to beautiful Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We moved to Westport Oklahoma (about 30 miles west of Tulsa) right on the Keystone Lake. We moved here from Denver and it was the best thing we have done in our 45 yrs together. We are both retired and just love the places we have visited in the state. Our daughter and her husband live about 3 hrs south in a great little community called Broken Bow. We love visiting her and the grand kids. The lake is beautiful too.

You must be flying to make it in 3 hours!

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am one of the "blue minded" folks in Tulsa Co. There are lots of us here in Oklahoma, we just aren't winning many elections these days. Oklahoma is not a refuge for political conservatives, it is a refuge for tribal nations. That's why it is called "Oklahoma", look it up. If you have never been here I would come visit for a while before you move! Good luck on your relocation.
lmfao... If there are lots of you how are you not winning elections? Maybe move to NM or CO.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have lived in nine different states, two of them twice. Lived in winter states ... once downtown Chicago, once in the Chicago suburbs (St. Charles) ... Wisconsin, Michigan (the most red neck state ever) and Montana. Also lived in South Dakota (Dakota Dunes). Also lived in Cali (born there and stayed for 32 years), AZ and TX.

Could never go back to legally live in IL or CA. When we were in TX we lived in Houston and I was not a fan. Other parts of TX might be alright. We have been here since 2006 and like OK very much. Easy life ... good people and a favorable cost of living.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am one of the "blue minded" folks in Tulsa Co.
Lucky us. You liberals have done such wonderful things with San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, ChIraq, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ' Albert Einstein.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am one of the "blue minded" folks in Tulsa Co. There are lots of us here in Oklahoma, we just aren't winning many elections these days. Oklahoma is not a refuge for political conservatives, it is a refuge for tribal nations. That's why it is called "Oklahoma", look it up. If you have never been here I would come visit for a while before you move! Good luck on your relocation.
You should move to Oregon. They are very “blue minded” and there is space for at least the 36 of us that left that degenerate liberal hell hole. Go wear your Birkenstocks, eat your granola with almond milk, and take a walk along the willamette river near Portland. You’ll love it!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have lived in nine different states, two of them twice. Lived in winter states ... once downtown Chicago, once in the Chicago suburbs (St. Charles) ... Wisconsin, Michigan (the most red neck state ever) and Montana. Also lived in South Dakota (Dakota Dunes). Also lived in Cali (born there and stayed for 32 years), AZ and TX.

Could never go back to legally live in IL or CA. When we were in TX we lived in Houston and I was not a fan. Other parts of TX might be alright. We have been here since 2006 and like OK very much. Easy life ... good people and a favorable cost of living.
I had to drive to Houston last year and all I could think about was how fast I could get the hell out. Maybe there's nice parts but we never saw them. The gun shop in Chinatown looked promising but was closed cause he had the covid.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Interesting comment, but now how about explaining to me how it is that ever since 2000, EVERY county in Oklahoma has voted conservative. Going by the "blue and red" state guideline, only Tulsa and OKC seem to be turning slightly pink.

Latest posts

Top Bottom