Building Permit for tornado shelter ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh......nothing like standing out in the front yard on a cool summer evening in country taking a leak.......no permits required either, for anything...:lookaroun :)

I hear ya but I don't think my city boy JBT is gonna let me move to an acreage. So ... here I am ... still looking for a place though ... just in case I catch him at a weak moment and he says "OH HELL, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE ..." :lookaroun WHAT:!?!?! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do ... :P

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya but I don't think my city boy JBT is gonna let me move to an acreage. So ... here I am ... still looking for a place though ... just in case I catch him at a weak moment and he says "OH HELL, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE ..." :lookaroun WHAT:!?!?! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do ... :P

Wear him down...that's what my bride does to me. LOL.

Hi Power Okie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys I have looked all over OKC's website and can't find any information about the permit you need before the company comes out and puts your shelter in ... Anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?? Or a number to call ... or something ... :scratch:

Thanks!! :heart:
You can't do it online per my experience. I called them and they told me you have to go to the downtown office. It took about 20 minutes and I was out of there with a permit. I had mine installed last year and the inspector came out on the morning of May 20th and inspected it. 3 hours later I was in it as the 5/20 tornado that hit Moore passed right by my house. Whew! lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Cool summer evening? Where the heck you guys live.

It's 83 degrees and north wind right now................it cools off almost every evening when you get away from the concrete and asphalt. At sunset, it will be several degrees cooler at home, than in town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom