Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I firmly believe that Zimmerman didn't intend to kill anyone that night, that he wasn't hunting the black kid.

I think the whole thing was one giant mistake and it makes me sad.

None of which changes the fact that if Zimmerman had stayed in the car as he'd been instructed, no confrontation would have occurred. If Zimmerman wasn't carrying a gun - a neighborhood watch is prohibited from doing - the shooting wouldn't have happened.

Only two people know what actually happened when they met up, and one of them is dead. I don't think Zimmerman in a racist murderer. I think he's a man who made a huge mistake. And I do think he's going to get convicted. Whether that's "fair" or not is another conversation.

He was NEVER instructed to stay in the car. Just more disinformation spread by the media. Go listen to the full recording (and not the ones edited to make him out to be a racist either), and you can hear where it sounds like he is running. The operator asks him if he is following the guy, he says yes. The operator then says we don't need you to do that (not an order), and he says okay and then it sounds like he stopped running.

There are also no laws about neighborhood watches being armed, and I don't know if he was actually patrolling or was going somewhere when he spotted someone suspicious. Basically, he broke no laws and followed all instructions given to him by the 911 operator and the only thing I think he could have done better is when Martin walked by he could have simply asked him if he lived around here.

One thing that may save him is the evidence. When people hear the truth compared to the spin the media has put out it may sway at least one person on that jury to say he did nothing illegal.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was NEVER instructed to stay in the car. Just more disinformation spread by the media. Go listen to the full recording (and not the ones edited to make him out to be a racist either), and you can hear where it sounds like he is running. The operator asks him if he is following the guy, he says yes. The operator then says we don't need you to do that (not an order), and he says okay and then it sounds like he stopped running.

Finally, someone who is paying attention.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
perhaps. what's that got to do with being (or not) instructed to stay in the car?

Maybe just being advised against even following the kid.
People like me will be excluded from the jury pool, and that's how it should be. I believe this guy confronted the kid with the idea that if the kid got the better of him he could always shoot the him. He won't spend too much time in jail.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
guess it comes down to whether the actual job description was "neighborhood watch" or "neighborhood enforcement"

Doesn't matter. It just comes down to whether or not there were reasonable circumstances for him to fear for his life. And if he was indeed on his back being punched and having his head pounded into the ground then I think the answer would be yes.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe just being advised against even following the kid.
People like me will be excluded from the jury pool, and that's how it should be. I believe this guy confronted the kid with the idea that if the kid got the better of him he could always shoot the him. He won't spend too much time in jail.

How do you think he confronted someone when he didn't even know where they were?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you think he confronted someone when he didn't even know where they were?
You've lost me now. I don't even know where you are.
In closing, I'd like to say that it doesn't matter what happens in the trial. Zimmerman will be either a hero or a martyr to super ninga mall cops everywhere. Nothing good will come of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom