Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, there are only two people who really know what happened, and one of them is dead. And I'm willing to bet NO ONE posting on this forum is the other one.

We all have formed our own opinions of what happened, and most of us have allowed our own prejudice and biases to inform those opinions. And no amount of insulting people with different opinions make THEIR opinion of what happened any less valid than yours, because it's all just opinion.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What information do you have that wasn't provided to you by the media?

I have seen almost no media sources point out that Zimmerman stopped following Martin within seconds of being told (most are still spreading he was told to stay in the car lie), and have seen none point out that before the end of the call he had lost sight of Martin and didn't know where he was.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is the media shows the '15 secs' of tape they want to PROVE their point, which may be out of context; not present the ENTIRE tape. Can we say, "Rodney King".

Neither party (Zimmerman or Martin) is innocent. The trial will change nothing. Martin will still be dead. Zimmerman's life is over. Riots will happen.

Well, but tv, internet, radio... all that stuff is media. If you guys have some magical conduit to the truth, I want it too.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. It just comes down to whether or not there were reasonable circumstances for him to fear for his life. And if he was indeed on his back being punched and having his head pounded into the ground then I think the answer would be yes.

Isn't part of the whole self defense argument is that you have done everything in your power to avoid a confrontation? Chasing a guy down the street is not very good avoidance.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't part of the whole self defense argument is that you have done everything in your power to avoid a confrontation? Chasing a guy down the street is not very good avoidance.

Now, apply that logic to TM instead of just GZ.

Knocking a guy down and throwing punches MMA style (according to witnesses) is inherently dangerous too and certainly not very good avoidance.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In some states yes, in others no. In some states you can start a fight and if it turns bad and you fear for your life you can still use deadly force. In some states (I believe California) you can even chase someone down and kill them in some instances. In Florida you can stand your ground you don't have to flee. And the question could be who chased down who? Zimmerman lost Martin before the 911 call ended and was on his way back to his truck. No one knows how the physical conflict started, but it is just as likely that Martin initiated it as Zimmerman. But we do know that Zimmerman never landed a blow while Martin landed quite a few.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now, apply that logic to TM instead of just GZ.

Knocking a guy down and throwing punches MMA style (according to witnesses) is inherently dangerous too and certainly not very good avoidance.

If I implied that Martin could use self defense, that wasn't the intent, imo neither if these players qualified for self defense.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I implied that Martin could use self defense, that wasn't the intent, imo neither if these players qualified for self defense.

Yep, being attacked by a large youth and having your face smashed and skull punched, pounded into the concrete is certainly not a qualifier for self defense.

I don't see anyone putting forth a valid reason for TM attacking GZ. Was it simply because he was scared of a short half-white neighborhood watch guy?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, being attacked by a large youth and having your face smashed and skull punched, pounded into the concrete is certainly not a qualifier for self defense.

Especially after instigating the confrontation
I don't see anyone putting forth a valid reason for TM attacking GZ. Was it simply because he was scared of a short half-white neighborhood watch guy?

A short, half white, armed, unstable (at least enough to be refused police employment), neighborhood watch guy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom