Can you believe this? Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an item listed on armslist and got this email from a gmail account [email protected] I consider all email from a gmail account to be scam anyway and dont reply.
I belive the ATF is trolling armslist to try to pull persons in to illegal activity or whatever.
Then near the bottom of the message it says he is buying it for a friend for his birthday (Straw Purchase ALERT).
Anyway here is a copy of that email.
Hello My Name is Freddie, Am a supervisor in health company, I work 20 hours daily so i can't meet with you. I saw your ad on armslist and I'm interested in your gun you're putting up for sale, I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately. Are you willing to ship ? or should i arrange for A local FFL Or local agent from transportation of firearms in your area? Please let me know which you prefer? Mind you i ll be paying for the shipping cost. Also the mode of payment will be a direct deposit into your bank account if you have any or payment made directly to your debit card. and please send me more pictures if you have any , Please get back to me with the final asking price and your mobile number to process the payment if you are willing to sell it to me. Thanks! Am buying the gun for a pal of mine for his bithday.
Thanks GOD Bless

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've received a few emails similar when I had something on Armslist. I wonder how many folks fall for it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recognize most of that email content. I've received it from someone wanting to have me build them a Peg Laig(a lever action pistol) out of something only available in Canada. It too was to be a birthday gift for a "friend." Come to think of it, it was a PM from this site. I don't recall who sent it, but I didn't recognize the handle and the comment count was 1.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom