Can you believe this? Armslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, obvious scam.

(But, gee, my primary email account is gmail!)
Mine too. Maybe that's why sellers don't reply to me sometimes. And the fact that I've got a Missouri phone number even though I've lived in OK for almost 10yrs.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a email with a phone # from Armslist . Called him he says he is in Dallas wants me to sell him a pistol. I said I cant sell it to you. Him I buy guns all over . Him I have a Florida drivers license. CLICK.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had the Dallas attempt as well. Also had a guy from Kansas that works in Oklahoma (KS DL) tell me it was fine for him to sell his pistol (1911) to me here in OK FTF in Lawton, he was willing to make the drive...lol

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be cautious out there. This stuff can happen when agencies and agents don't have enough work to justify their existence. Case in point, Fast and Furious. If one were to dig, more examples will likely be revealed.

Woody

Must be nice. Here is an agency that can create its own work. How wonderful it must be to be able to put enough guns in the wrong hands to create a big enough work load to justify your existence. B.E. Wood (02/02/2011)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an item listed on armslist and got this email from a gmail account [email protected] I consider all email from a gmail account to be scam anyway and dont reply.
I belive the ATF is trolling armslist to try to pull persons in to illegal activity or whatever.
Then near the bottom of the message it says he is buying it for a friend for his birthday (Straw Purchase ALERT).
Anyway here is a copy of that email.
Hello My Name is Freddie, Am a supervisor in health company, I work 20 hours daily so i can't meet with you. I saw your ad on armslist and I'm interested in your gun you're putting up for sale, I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately. Are you willing to ship ? or should i arrange for A local FFL Or local agent from transportation of firearms in your area? Please let me know which you prefer? Mind you i ll be paying for the shipping cost. Also the mode of payment will be a direct deposit into your bank account if you have any or payment made directly to your debit card. and please send me more pictures if you have any , Please get back to me with the final asking price and your mobile number to process the payment if you are willing to sell it to me. Thanks! Am buying the gun for a pal of mine for his bithday.
Thanks GOD Bless
Anyone that would fall for that email needs their head examined. I could tell right off the bat that the email was fake because of all the bad grammar. Then to ask for bank info. I’m sure their are some idiots out there that would fall for it though. I don’t believe this is the feds doing this or they would have made it more believable.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone that would fall for that email needs their head examined. I could tell right off the bat that the email was fake because of all the bad grammar. Then to ask for bank info. I’m sure their are some idiots out there that would fall for it though. I don’t believe this is the feds doing this or they would have made it more believable.

I agree. This is more likely true than the feds out there fishing. That said, watch your back too.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom