CCW Ramifications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting my CCW, but one thing has kept me from it so far. Will this just put me on one more list that the government can pull out when it chooses to target law-abiding gun owners? I think the state should just pass an open carry law, which I believe a few states like Virginia already have. Anybody else share this concern?

You have posted on a gun forum that you cling to your guns and God, listen to talk radio, are a veteran, wanted to know about ammo storage, went to a gun show and now this, so you are already on the list.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poke, you have three choices with this issue..

1. You can carry without a permit, risk getting caught and then deal with the consequences.
2. Get your ccw and have your stick with you always.
3. Dont carry so you wont have legal issues..

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never heard of a case where this was a problem. Just trying to think ahead and make an educated guess as to what may happen after Obama is done with health care, climate change, redistribution of wealth, etc.

Obama has way too much on his plate to worry about concealed carry. He will be dog paddling for years with the issues you listed.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
4473- federal document, concealed carry-state regulated, which one? Same mentality as paying more for a firearm at a gunshow WITHOUT paper work, if you have EVER bought a firearm WITH paper work what is the difference?

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way I see it, we shouldn't NEED them, but since we do under State law, I figure EVERYONE should get them who's eligible (LEOs, too even though they don't "need" them), so as to remind those in power just how many are out there. ;)

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, ya'll have convinced me. If it's not the CCW, it's 4473 or some other way. Heck, I almost put ammo back on the shelf the other day when I realized I'd have to use my debit card. I'm not paranoid at all. Still no excuse to sidestep what I now consider a responsibility. Now my only problem is figuring out which gun is best for concealed carry. I'm sure no one around here has any opinions on that!

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote #2.

+1.

I am on so many lists already that one more does not much concern me. Like a lot of others in that regard.

I'm an Army vet, have had CCW in more than one jurisdiction, have a ham radio license, have a lifetime NRA membership, lifetime hunting license in one state and a five-year one here in OK [for now], and I am a registered republican. I've bought and sold guns, always obeying the local laws when I have done so. I have guns on my insurance policy. I've been a member at more than one range. I am a member of this forum. I could not hide my gun ownership if I tried. Sure, its another list I am on, and sure, I don't like that, but we are not starting with a blank sheet of paper to write our personal histories on.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom