Challenge Accepted. We need common sense and compromise on gun violence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to me that those willing to make " common sense compromises" have an unhealthy trust in government officials who "only want to save us from ourselves." Belief that those who would take liberties away from the common man are negotiating in good faith is a dangerous and naive stance. This is especially true when the proposals do not serve the stated purpose, but rather punish the free man.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About magazine restrictions.

So trained officers under duress achieve a 20-25 percent hit rate. You think a magazine restriction would save lives but everyday there would be lives lost due to an armed citizens magazine running dry while the criminal, who does not care about the law, has the extra few rounds to gain the upper hand.

Not to mention that is often takes multiple hits to down an assailant. Particularly when they are high on drugs.

Look up the Peter Soulis Incident. 22 rounds of .40 Ranger SXTs and the guy was still coming.
http://www.lawofficer.com/article/training/officer-down-peter-soulis-inci

Or the recent Georgia mother that shot an intruder 5 times in the face with a .38 revolver. (The guy lived)
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/01/10/listen-911-call-released-after-georgia-mother-shoots-home-intruder/

A logical person would see the most common factor in these mass shootings is the fact the madmen choose places in which they will be the only one armed. These "gun free zones" are getting more people killed than any magazine change could affect.

Also, if they pass a permanent AWB, then they are taking my children's ability to own the firearms they want and need. That is directly taking away their guns. Especially with the wording of the current AWB as proposed by Feinstein. It requires turning over your AR upon your death rather than passing it down to your children.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_YHNoYCR.gif

TimB

Marksman
Reaction score
Why does our military need 30 round mags?

They need them to effectively engage in warfare. What do you need them for?

5 rounds were good enough in my grandfather's military.

How old are you? My Grandfather carried an m1 carbine in WW2...it had a 30 round magazine.
..and what does the size of our grandfathers clips have anything to do with modern gun violence issues?

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh? I fail to see the correlation? I find it interesting that your default argument on this subject involves a comparision to pedophelia... It reminds me of those who go straight for the "Hitler" comparison in any debate.

It has to do with attempting to stop horrific activities perpetrated by individuals that have no regard for laws by making more laws that restrict the rights of law abiding people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom