Charleston Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So very sad. These people were showing this man kindness and the ministry of hospitality, then he shoots these people who had shown him love. Pray for the families of these victims. Pray that God will use this to draw many lost souls to himself. Pray that Justice be served.

Roof may very well agitate this thing if he is allowed to make statements. SC is not helping matters by flying the Confederate flag at the state capital at full mast, while the state flag and US flag are at half mast.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ace … Quit whining as if you are the victim of undue criticism when you mindlessly troll for political commentary. There is zero reason to manufacture political blame as you did.

Manufacture political blame? I, clearly, blamed Roof's racism. I'm well aware that such unmitigated racism does not fit your narrative of race relations in this country. Doesn't change the facts in this case. It's beyond the pale to blame "evil" and ignore racism in this care. The attack was aimed at people based on one thing and one thing only, the color of their skin.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting enough, Roof may not have really been a racist but a mentally deranged person that was racist at times and not at other times. There is proof that he was taking drugs.

A black friend of the white man accused of murdering nine people at a Charleston church says the suspect told him a week prior to the killings that he planned to shoot up a local college campus.

Other friends have described Roof as a troubled and confused young man who alternated between partying with black friends and ranting against blacks to his white friends.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/2...suspect-planned-attack-on-college-charleston/

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Manufacture political blame? I, clearly, blamed Roof's racism.

One of those Aricept moments?

It almost seems like Gov. Haley is ready to execute Roof without the bother of a trial. Says he is "pure evil". Know what she didn't call him? Racist. Never even broached the subject of race. Of course what would you expect from the governor of a state that proudly flies the confederate flag in front of the state capital.

I'm well aware that such unmitigated racism does not fit your narrative of race relations in this country.

I think I am going to need the special Ace Decoder Ring to figure out what you are allegedly “well aware of”.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting enough, Roof may not have really been a racist but a mentally deranged person that was racist at times and not at other times. There is proof that he was taking drugs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/2...suspect-planned-attack-on-college-charleston/

That was a nice spin story from the Fox Noise machine but unfortunately for them his website and manifesto was discovered online only a few hours later.
I posted a link in my previous post in this thread.

Watched a bit of Fox and Friends this morning and the spinning continues.
They mentioned the manifesto but declined to go into detail "out of respect for the victims".

Then they showed this picture calling it typical of what is on his website
ichef.bbci.co.uk_news_660_cpsprodpb_D03A_production__83760335_burningflag.jpg

But they didn't show this picture
dylann-roof1.jpg

Or this picture
cdn.thedailybeast.com_content_dailybeast_cheats_2015_06_20_rep33400a3b9cfc48742dd62ab051212221.jpg

Or this picture
ichef.bbci.co.uk_news_624_cpsprodpb_17832_production__83760369_flowerpower.jpg

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are accusing them of spinning. What exactly are they spinning to get your liberal man-panties in such a knot?

I posted earlier about this same issue. In my opinion it seems far more important to some Liberals to be able to definitively say "Roof was a racist", more important even than saying "we caught the murderer." In their view he is a symbol or an evil, ignorant, gun-toting, largely Southern, White, rural, and, oddly enough given the victims in this case, Christian (though they will acknowledge that some Christians are "saved" by being Liberals) threat lurking in America and his value as a symbol of all that is far more important than anything else. The fact that no-one has been trying to excuse his actions or that everyone agrees he should be punished swiftly seems oddly unsatisfying to them. While it was silly of Fox News to try weighing in on motive early on, there is an obvious undertone taking shape that one better not say anything to detract, add to, or divert from the cries of "racism". In fact, I am surprised some Liberals haven't openly started using the word heretic to refer to those who vary at all from the party line on this.
The killer was clearly a racist in that he blamed a racial group (actually many groups) of people for what he saw as the ills of society. BUT, and I have to stress this, his thoughts, however repugnant, weren't his crime. His crime was carrying out a demented, murderous plan for dealing with his feelings and beliefs. I don't see anything wrong with asking if there may have been other influences at play (psychoactive drugs - prescription or otherwise), etc. It doesn't excuse him, or make punishing him less of an imperative it may however help complete the picture of this young man's path to destruction and self-destruction.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with asking if there may have been other influences at play (psychoactive drugs - prescription or otherwise), etc. It doesn't excuse him, or make punishing him less of an imperative it may however help complete the picture of this young man's path to destruction and self-destruction.

That was my take from my understanding of the reporting. What motivates people for the simplest of tasks is complicated. Add the layers of triggers that can go into something like this there are a lot of complex drivers to understanding the “why” of such a heinous act. It’s good to try to understand such so people can identify and hopefully get ahead of such behavior before something like this happens.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is a cowardly psychopath. He should have kept to drinking his liters of vodka. His father is a phucktard as well. His whole family is a bunch of cowards for fear of offending him. Sounds like Lanza's family part duh. Racist? I doubt it. Mental midget? Obviously. I am fired up because of this crap and was told that the pope just said that gun manufacturers cannot be Christians. Rant on. Way on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom