Charleston's in Broken Arrow against Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last was the first time I have e we had this happen.

I went into Charelstons at 9:30 for a primerib.

I was seated, ordered an Ice tea, and dinner. The next thing I know was some douche manager and my waitress were standing at my table.

She said there he is, the manager I formed he isn't glad we have an open carry law and that Charelstons doesn't support it and asked me to leave.

I asked him I was correctly posted because I don't see the sign or I wouldn't have walked in, or if this was his own political agenda, and he said yeah we put it a in the lower right corner if the door near the ground.

As I was leaving I told next time put it on the ceiling so know one could see it.

I left a no guns = no money card and left.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok... this topic will get moved to the 2A forum, which is fine.

Here's what I sent the manager at that Charleston's:

"Dear Mr. Regier,

A friend informed me that last night that he had a very poor experience in your restaurant, and I wanted to let you know that neither he nor I will be returning to visit your establishment. We will also inform all of our MANY friends who are staunch supporters of not just the 2nd Amendment, but also the right and responsibility of the general public to provide for their own defense, so they may make an informed decision of their own regarding Charleston's policies and attitude toward law-abiding, responsible and safety-conscious Oklahomans.

It is certainly the right of Charleston's to prohibit firearms carried in their restaurants, but I would strongly urge you to make the prohibition very clear. I have not personally seen the sign, but I am told it is near the ground on the right side of the door. If you are going to ban firearms, please be proud and open with your position and place a large, clear sign well into the field of view for a normal person entering your establishment. This will help prevent misunderstandings and avoid awkward situations where your staff finds it necessary to be rude and alienate customers.

Thank you for your time, and I am sincerely disappointed that I will no longer be patronizing your establishment.

Please feel free to contact me if I can help clarify things in any way.

Sincerely,
XXXXX XXXXXXX"

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hal Smith Restaurant Group

Hal Smith Restaurant Group (HSRG) was founded in 1992 by Hal W. Smith. We are a restaurant management company that operates 12 concepts in 7 states with over 50 locations. (Including Charleston's in BA).

Email Contact Form

If you're gonna give it a go, might as well go to the top. Others they manage:

Charleston's Restaurant
Hefner Grill
Hollie's Flatiron Steakhouse
Krispy Kreme
Louie's Grill & Bar
Mahogany Prime Steakhouse
Mama Roja Mexican Kitchen
Redrock Canyon Grill
The Garage Burgers and Beer
Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill
Upper Crust Pizza

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For what it's worth I'm willing to bet it's a Hal Smith Restaurant Group thing, considering that the Charlestons and Louies in the metro are also posted in a similar manner.

Honestly, after seeing both of those places posted, I just put all of their restaurants on my "do-not-eat" list.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the local manager is a d-bag, it's merely a reflection of the big boss, no matter the organization. You can rest assured that your missives to Hal Smith will not be graciously received. I've been told this by multiple people who have either worked there or interacted with Mr. Smith.

Just write off that group for dining - there's too many other choices that don't limit freedom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom