Is Tulsa's mail delivery about to get significantly slower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or won't charge b/c it's 20 degrees outside.

Or discharge after an hour running the A/C or heater.

Or cost 20k to replace the batteries or 60k to replace the vehicle.
You're forgetting the tires. Tires for EV vehicles are more expensive and wear out much faster.

You're also forgetting the added stress to the roads since EVs are so much heavier. Should be a real asset in states with heavy snow.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're forgetting the tires. Tires for EV vehicles are more expensive and wear out much faster.

You're also forgetting the added stress to the roads since EVs are so much heavier. Should be a real asset in states with heavy snow.

You are correct, the list is not comprehensive nor intended to be.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are correct, the list is not comprehensive nor intended to be.
I was surreptitiously alluding to an earlier post: "Converting that fleet to electric could actually realize savings...."

The opposite is true. Not to mention, the gross energy required to "fuel" an EV is greater than the gross energy to fuel an ICE vehicle.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was surreptitiously alluding to an earlier post: "Converting that fleet to electric could actually realize savings...."

The opposite is true. Not to mention, the gross energy required to "fuel" an EV is greater than the gross energy to fuel an ICE vehicle.
You need one charger for each mail vehicle. Mega Bucks.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That’s why I said “could,” not “will.”

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not their fault. The Post Office is run like a finely tuned naval vessel.*

*Like the one that took out the bridge but that's beside the point. Y'all cannot talk bad about the PO. They are the best of the best of the best, SIR!**

**JIC: Sarcasm. If you don't recognize it when you see it try again when you graduate from middle school.

Latest posts

Top Bottom