Chemo has me whiped this time out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since being diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer I have allowed myself to be subjected to a couple of rounds of Chemo therapy in order to increase the quality of whatlife I have left.
Those with my diagnosis have a poor history with only 31% surviving past 6 months and 14%making it to 1 year and 2% making it to 3 years.
I am shooting for3 years plus but in reality it has only been since October 11th so there is along way to go.
A single Chemo treatment consists of drawing and sampling blood to see if I am strong enough to survive the treatment, then 7 hours of chemicals injected into a port thathas been permanently installed into my primary artery, then I am sent home witha pump and more chemicals that are injected continuously for the next 42 hours.Ideally I will get a Chemo treatment every other week for up to 12 treatmentsand then a re-evaluation of my cancer stage.
My firstencounter with Chemo was a positive one with very few side effects and afeeling after words of feeling like it cured me for a week or so, but with this second treatment the side effects have multiplied, My energy level is like thatof a child where I can go full guns for a short stretch then I am down for acomatose type nap to recover my strength and a short bit of stamina.
Tomorrow will begin my week off and by this time last week I felt like a new person, but thisweek I feel like I lost a fight with a large group of clown with pillows….I don’thave any specific pains but just feel beat up.
I am by no meansready to go yet and have a lot to do before I am even ready to slow down so Iam living on your prayers to keep me strong enough to see me through the rough times and let me see the light at the end of my project list long before I seethe light of the lord coming to take me home.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don, it's good to know you still have a sense of humor - "a group of clowns with pillows"? Sorry, but that made me chuckle :)

Putting in yet another good word for you. Keep up the good fight.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know nothing about the chemo protocol you having to go through, but my granddaughter had AML leukemia and her protocol was that they hit it really hard at 1st and as time went on they went with lower and lower doses. I hope that this is what you are going through so that it will get "better" as it goes along. "Better" is very subjective because it all sucks. My wife had some rough times with chemo and her breast cancer but she got through it. Stay strong brother.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don you're in my prayers, hang tough and keep fighting brother. I don't know how you do it but I fear I would be mad at the world and feel cheated if I were in your position so you are a great inspiration. Every day is a blessing my friend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom