coffee makers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You better be right! :musketeers:

I just ordered a 9cup. Amazon warehouse deals had it for $22.50 and I need a new coffee maker. This thread was well timed. Splurged and got me a new Zojirushi tumbler too.
Have your beans ground right in between espresso-size and drip-pot-size (e.g., a medium-fine), and prepare for deliciousness! The big rubber gasket will last a long time, but when you need a new gasket, order the Primula silicone ones (they make cleanup just that much easier too). If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have your beans ground right in between espresso-size and drip-pot-size (e.g., a medium-fine), and prepare for deliciousness! The big rubber gasket will last a long time, but when you need a new gasket, order the Primula silicone ones (they make cleanup just that much easier too). If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you.

I have a burr mill grinder so I can get it figured out. I bought the extra gaskets and strainer kit too, but next time I'll get the silicone ones. Those Italians are crazy. 2oz aint no cup. Geesh...

But you were right, these things are cheap and look like they work well and will last basically forever. I can't stand percolators, they are an abomination, but I like the process this one uses. Can't really believe I'd never even heard of them before you posted.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a huge coffee drinker or a connoisseur of tastes but I really like the Keurig machines. If you drink several cups or pots at a time, there are probably better options. If you are considering one though they do make a cup of coffee very fast, multiple cup sizes and there are a ton of brands/flavors including tea and hot chocolate. I don't buy the ready to use disposable cups, you can get a re-usable dispenser cup that you can get big bags of whatever coffee you like. I chose the Keurig because most times I just drink one cup, sometimes 2 at the most and usually on the go.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best one made is simple, cheap, reliable, easy to use, easy to clean, and turns coffee beans into heaven: Bialetti Moka Express: http://www.bialetti.com/coffee/stovetop/moka-express-c-1_7_22.html?zenid=i1ls00tprr0hqftte0av6ed2v5.

This plus using Illy Moka from Italy is coffee heaven. And talk about getting your motor running! It's expensive though.

upload_2016-12-8_4-34-40.jpeg

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thought I would share with the group after I sent the PM

I have had two Keurigs now. I had the classic and simply upgraded. Great really and the cheapest place to find coffee is at big lots for about $0.30 a cup. Taste is great, always hot. Well I found this one for you

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-26...rewing-system-bundle.jsp?pfm=rrrecs-pdp-gtab1

$120 with code DECFF25

or
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2686038/keurig-k15-personal-brewer-holiday-bundle.jsp?color=Black

for $75 after coupon code.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used the single cup Hamilton Beach for over a year.
$39 at Walmart works just as good as the $100 machine.

But I'm not a coffee snob so what do I know

Latest posts

Top Bottom