Colorado Becomes First State to End Marijuana Prohibition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't marijuana **** with your intelligence? I heard some studies that those who smoke pot from a younger age end up with lower IQs as a result. Don't know if that's 100% verified science or not.

people have been smoking pot for centuries .. kids should NOT be smoking pot or drinking alcohol period!
fact is any drug including alcohol will effect a child's development which of course includes pot.

pot has been used to generate revenue for the system for decades .. IMHO it's not possible for people enforcing drug laws NOT to know pot is much less harmful than alcohol. what a joke, pot being categorized same at heroin with no known medical uses .. what a lie! how can drug enforcement keep a straight face when claiming pot should be in same category as heroin.

same for medicinal uses for pot and has been used to treat pain/lack of appetite for centuries.

it's a fact that in every state that's legalized pot .. sales for pain medication plunged. this is why big pharma fights legalization of pot with tooth and nail.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get mixed messages. when I was a kid we got that whole drugs are bad mmkay speech where I was told Marijuana makes you dumber.

Maybe that's also influenced by the stereotypes of pot users. I've seen studies on both sides.

they tell kids pot is really bad, really horrible stuff like heroin .. well kids find out pot is relatively harmless .. naturally they think heroin being bad is also a lie.

of course pot makes you stupid .. why do think it's call dope? what they don't tell you is pot only makes you stupid temporarily .. just like if you get drunk.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching Sean Spicer's WH press conference right now.
He was just asked the MJ question.

First he differentiated between medical and recreational.
Then he said I would refer you to the justice dept.
"I do believe you will see greater enforcement at the federal level".

States rights my ass

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It begins...

One of the world's largest marijuana festivals, which is expected to be held this week on tribal land outside of Las Vegas, has been facing a possible shutdown for the past two weeks, according to a letter sent by federal officials earlier this month.

U.S. Attorney Daniel Bogden, based in Las Vegas, sent a Feb. 16 letter to the Moapa Paiute Tribe reminding the tribe that the transport, possession, use and distribution of marijuana is illegal under federal law. The marijuana trade show and festival, planned for March 4 and 5, would be in violation of that law, according to the letter obtained by the Reno Gazette-Journal.

"I am informed that the tribal council is moving forward with the planned marijuana event referred to as the 2017 High Times Cannabis Cup because it is under the impression that the so-called 'Cole Memorandum' and subsequent memoranda from the Department of Justice permit marijuana use, possession and distribution on tribal lands when the state law also permits it. Unfortunately, this is an incorrect interpretation of the Department's position on this issue."

More here
http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2017/...gas-marijuana-festival-cannabis-cup/98487124/

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It begins...

One of the world's largest marijuana festivals, which is expected to be held this week on tribal land outside of Las Vegas, has been facing a possible shutdown for the past two weeks, according to a letter sent by federal officials earlier this month.

U.S. Attorney Daniel Bogden, based in Las Vegas, sent a Feb. 16 letter to the Moapa Paiute Tribe reminding the tribe that the transport, possession, use and distribution of marijuana is illegal under federal law. The marijuana trade show and festival, planned for March 4 and 5, would be in violation of that law, according to the letter obtained by the Reno Gazette-Journal.

"I am informed that the tribal council is moving forward with the planned marijuana event referred to as the 2017 High Times Cannabis Cup because it is under the impression that the so-called 'Cole Memorandum' and subsequent memoranda from the Department of Justice permit marijuana use, possession and distribution on tribal lands when the state law also permits it. Unfortunately, this is an incorrect interpretation of the Department's position on this issue."

More here
http://www.rgj.com/story/news/2017/...gas-marijuana-festival-cannabis-cup/98487124/

Mr. U.S. Attorney better have tribal LE do any arrests for him if those are his plans. Something tells me he doesn't understand the potential implications are, should he up and raid them with feds. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom