Concealable Body armor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do concealable have a shelf life? I have a second chance carrier with Second Chance iiia inserts and was just wondering? The inserts have a manufacture date of 11/2000

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there is not a label on the vest itself, you should be able to get information from the company. Usually they have a rated service life of 5 years.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can attest that armor as old as 20 years will still effectivly stop what it was rated for. I found a crap load of old issued vests in ouruniform room. We decided to take some out and have at them. They still held up and did pretty well. These vests were worn and some looked pretty nasty. Not one failed.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there is not a label on the vest itself, you should be able to get information from the company. Usually they have a rated service life of 5 years.

I have found that most expiration dates on anything are more of a marketing ploy for new sales than a true testament to the products service life. YMMV

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can attest that armor as old as 20 years will still effectivly stop what it was rated for. I found a crap load of old issued vests in ouruniform room. We decided to take some out and have at them. They still held up and did pretty well. These vests were worn and some looked pretty nasty. Not one failed.

Good to know

Latest posts

Top Bottom