Concealed Carry Badge, what is your opinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_VpURu3N.gif

I worked hard on that design... thats like a $170 badge. If you're gonna carry one it might as well truly identify you.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the Amazon seller, it seems to me that Amazon, while apparently anti-gun, is pro serial killer. If I were their management, I would be most reluctant to sell a badge that could so easily be misused.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also a former LEO.

The instructor is wrong.

I will tell you, if I had encountered someone displaying one of these badges while working a shooting, I would have arrested him on the spot for impersonation, and let the DA and his attorney sort it out later.

LEO's are human, and you will find a variety of opinions and stances. I'm not sure there is a "right" answer, only opinion, but in my opinion, there is very little upside to carrying one of those and a whole lot of downside.

+1.. As a CCL holder, I would never even consider a badge for that. As a former LEO, I would look at it as an attempt at impersonation. The guys who buy old LEO cruisers and try to imitate LEO's are also a problem. I caught one who had installed a working radar in his old cruiser, still hat the light bar and was working private security (unarmed) with it. I let one of my OHP brothers drop the hammer on him.. Illegal in Oklahoma to have red or blue lights visible from the front of the vehicle unless the vehicle is owned by a government agency, except for those highway maintenance vehicles now equipped with them. I see them as a problem as well because they desensitize the public to the meaning of the emergency vehicle lights.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1.. As a CCL holder, I would never even consider a badge for that. As a former LEO, I would look at it as an attempt at impersonation. The guys who buy old LEO cruisers and try to imitate LEO's are also a problem. I caught one who had installed a working radar in his old cruiser, still hat the light bar and was working private security (unarmed) with it. I let one of my OHP brothers drop the hammer on him.. Illegal in Oklahoma to have red or blue lights visible from the front of the vehicle unless the vehicle is owned by a government agency, except for those highway maintenance vehicles now equipped with them. I see them as a problem as well because they desensitize the public to the meaning of the emergency vehicle lights.

I'll make sure to pass that along to all those privately-owned EMS services out there.... good information for them to know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom