Confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys citing private property as the reason the guy was let go; you are telling me I could be hammered drunk doing donuts in a QT lot and the police couldn't do anything about it?

I find that hard to believe.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Public intoxication?????????????

They probably followed him home and shot his dog.

I'M KIDDING.

Accident on private parking lot, nothing they can do about it.
Driving ????????????????? I would def question the Chief about that.
PI, definitely.
End of shift and not wanting to do the paperwork since the store manager wasn't pressing charges. A possibility.

He wasn't violent or belligerent. No damage or injuries done. They detained him, called a friend to pick him up and gave him a break.

Now, do you give him and the Officers a break or go to the Chief?

No damage to vehicle? I would have to say, let it go and consider them the good guys.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do find it difficult to believe that a lawyer could get him off for driving into a parking lot intoxicated, would the lawyer convince the judge that his client became magically intoxicated within the moments it took to pull off the road and enter the private parking lot and colliding with the other vehicle?

A neighbors house was damaged by a car driven by a teenager, the officers determined the impact occurred when the intoxicated teen lost control of his vehicle in a residential neighborhood on a 25mph street with stop signs at both ends, this is a north / south road not far between stop signs, slammed into the house still going most of the 100mph and took out the corner of the residence and bounced off the wall slamming into the parked car outside the garage and totaling it as well as sending it sliding into the street some 30 feet from it's parking place.

I suppose the police should never have arrested them as they were on private property at the time, any good lawyer would have gotten them off.

The two teens in the car are living proof that airbags save lives.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe he wasn't intoxicated after all. Some medical issues make someone look intoxicated when they are not. Not all of them require transport to the hospital. It could be that the officer observed the "intoxicated" person in those 25-30 minutes and realized he wasn't really intoxicated. I dunno ... just taking a stab at an explanation.

Although I have known of an instance or two where an officer didn't want to fool with paperwork and let someone catch a ride home ... It's called "This is your lucky day -- Don't let me see you doing 'xyz' again" ...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago, we had a house just South of Yukon. I heard a noise one night and passed it off as thunder. Some time later, I got up and headed for the bathroom in our bedroom and saw red and blue lights flashing right in front our our house. I looked outside to see a police car right at my curb. It took me a bit to realize that my brick mailbox was completely and totally destroyed with bricks all across the driveway.

Come to find out, a gentleman had been visiting his sister in the neighborhood and hit two mailboxes as he was leaving. After his vehicle stalled down around the corner, he walked up to the 7/11 and called the police himself. He had just started with some new medicine and they were still working with him to figure out what dosage was needed. He was under too large of a dosage that night. His sister came by the next day and apologized profusely and said to fix the mailbox and they would pay all expenses.

There can definitely be valid medical reasons for one's actions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom