Copper heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Channel 4 had a spot on the 6pm news about all of the venomous snake kills in the OKC area in the last couple of weeks.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I'm near Reno and Westminister with two little ones and would like to know where the 'hot spot' is.
You in Stone Creek? My parents live within a block of the gas station there and haven't seen a snake in forever. I was there 26 years and can't ever remember seeing a snake. Now I'm at 10th & Westminster. I shot about a 3ft snake in the backyard about 2 weeks ago. It was the first night my new neighbors spent the night after moving in. Nothing like firing off a .357 Magnum to welcome in the neighbors. These are all bigger lots though and several people have ponds. There's about a 1 acre pond behind me so that's why I think there are snakes close.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's disgusting. I haven't seen any type of venomous snake in my yard, yet. All I know is, if I saw a copperhead in my yard, I'm coming out with a 12 gauge and blowing that ***** up.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want, send me a good email/phone number and I will put you in contact with a member of the Oklahoma Herp. Society. They'll have some one come over and clear out any snakes and see whats attracting them to your yard. Sounds like you found a nest of young ones.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have not seen any yet, but some friends of mine around 60th Ave and hwy 9 have been seeing alot, enough that their dog has been bitten twice now by a copperhead that has resulted in a Vet visit, most recent was in teh last night or so. Dog is still in the doggie ER.

KYLE_B

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've killed 4 copper heads at my Grand Lake house. One of which bit my Dad's dog. It was very sick for awhile but has fully recovered. The house is on the water and surrounded by dense woods so I'm really not surprised, but this is the first summer I've had any snakes in about 5 years.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom