Daddy want!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder why manufacturers don’t spend more time on mag-fed semi-auto shotguns. Those just seem a lot more practical than rotating mag tubes, and the overall package would be a lot more compact. Tromix S12 Saiga, anyone?

Heck no!! Shotgun box mags are unwieldy. That spinny tube thing is much more compact than an equivalent box mag.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mags would be easier to drop and load, I think, than a fiddly spinning tube. Drum mags aren’t that big, and they look Chicago Typewriter cool ;)

My apologies but if you can’t handle something in 18-19 rounds of 12 ga buckshot and/or slugs and need a reload, you’ve bitten off more than you can chew. You either need to unass the AO or step up to a .50bmg.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My apologies but if you can’t handle something in 18-19 rounds of 12 ga buckshot and/or slugs and need a reload, you’ve bitten off more than you can chew. You either need to unass the AO or step up to a .50bmg.

I agree, with that many rounds spent and you need more, you’re in over your head. BTW, you can get a 20-round drum mag for the Saiga - no need to fiddle with spinning tubes or reloads for that many rounds.

I know some people will drool over a shotgun that looks like it came off the movie set of “Aliens,” but personally, I’d take the S12. To each his or her own.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aaaand just what is the actual hold-up??

Joe
Busy life and gave up my AZ range membership. Bought it right before OK deer rifle season. Toted it all the way to OK figuring I'd bust some pigs after filling all my deer tags. Darn deer had gone nocturnal and/or somewhere else. Was too bummed to hunt pigs, or blow stuff up, after sitting in a blind all day for two weeks. I should buy something else to support Israel - got the Zion (5.56 AR), a Tavor X95 in .300 AAC BO and the original .556 barrel, and several thousand rounds made in that fine nation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom