Dear OKC Gun Show Promoters...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will draw bigger crowds with a $5 entry fee vs $12-14. Bigger crowds lead to more venders and private sellers. More people setting up tables at your shows makes you more money with the added benefit of customers not feeling ripped off for paying $14 to look at beanie babies and nothing special guns that can be found online for 10-20% less...and swearing off ever going to an okc show again.

I understand during the last panic you more than doubled the normal entry fee and people were paying it to come buy a $1000 bushmaster...but now the panic has subsided...which is quite obvious.

lets go over this one more time.

Panic is over -> Lower entry fee to $5 -> more people show up -> Over time more vendors set up at your show -> People not so pissed if no deal is found and chances of returning are good.

this is all,

thanks

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately gun show promoters are in the business of promoting gun Shows, not selling guns or ammo, acoutriments
They rent the tables to vendors, collect admission
If nothing is sold, they have still made they're $$$$$$

Except for our own 2 gunshow hosts, they wère very helpful,.......

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goal would be for Wanenmacher's to move either the spring or fall show from Tulsa to OKC. Claude Hall could make entry free and I still wouldn't step foot into one of their shows.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twoguns there is truth to that but there is a flaw in that logic. $12 entry fee scared people away eventually it will hurt the vendors who will stop setting up at shows, which the hurts the promoter.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My goal would be for Wanenmacher's to move either the spring or fall show from Tulsa to OKC. Claude Hall could make entry free and I still wouldn't step foot into one of their shows.

Not a bad idea, but where would they do it at? Okc doesn't have an eleven acre building to hold events in. There is a new building under construction at the fairgrounds, but I have no idea how big it's going to be or what they intend to do with it.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we didn't have gun shows every damn weekend the shows would be better. But really, who is going to go or even exhibit when there are so many? One show every six to eight weekends is more than enough. Oh BTW, how many promoters are out there trying to get in on the action? I'm glad we live where guns are ubiquitous but why the heck would I go to so many gun shows and pay the prices the dealers are trying to get when I can buy off OSA, Armslist, or Facebook without paying $14 to get into the door? Besides, I have met a lot of really good folks on FTF transactions. I'll go to a show every now and then for the entertainment and people watching but I can say that in the last seven years I have averaged less than on gun deal per year at the shows.

User67828

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replace that with "Metcalf" and I'm right there with you.

I hear you there. I went to one at the fair grounds a couple of years ago and left feeling ripped off and bored. There are pawn shops with better selections and prices than Metcalf shows. Hell, if I was in the mood to get ripped off I'd just go around the corner to Gun World and save myself the drive.

OP has very good point though, but it will go unheard because now days it seems the shows are out to prey on the ignorant and uninformed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom